• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

I think you should put game on Steam Greenlight, I'm pretty sure you know how things on Greenlight work, if you don't I will tell people:

1. Submit a game / product on Steam Greenlight

2. People will vote if they want to see game on Steam (Options: Not interested, Yes, No.)

3. If many people click ''Yes'' the game will automaticly appear on Steam Greenlight which means game will release on Steam when it comes out.

I hope you really put game on Greenlight, and that people decide if they want this game on Steam, because I feel very unsecure downloading game from website, I always look if its on Steam or I don't download it.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
That's an interesting point about using Steam to distribute the game - it does give everyone some security in knowing what they are downloading.

If we decide to Greenlight you'll all be the first to know about it, but for the moment we're still considering our options. Steam has many advantages however.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I think that Steam + Youtube campaign with some promotion on popular gaming websites 8if possible) are a winning combination.
Whenever I see "Available on steam" I know it's not one of browser based "grinding" mmos (like travian), and than I always search Youtube to see a gameplay video.

Few Videos explaning some fancy game making skills are always a nice advertisement for the game prior to it's release.

Simon

That's an interesting point about using Steam to distribute the game - it does give everyone some security in knowing what they are downloading.

If we decide to Greenlight you'll all be the first to know about it, but for the moment we're still considering our options. Steam has many advantages however.

I think Steam is good option because then game would be browser game, which I don't like.

I think you should release game on Steam and Website (Example: Fifa World, which is on Origin and their website)
because some people don't have Steam, and others who have, don't want to download it on website.

And if I download it on Steam, I always feel secure because I know its thing bilions of people use and its without viruses

thing is, it is still to early to apply for greenlight due to lack of content atm even if it creates a hype for a moment it will bring more problems in the long run due to the nature of modern gamers , the game should properly mature first and then if the closed alphas and closed betas produce satisfying results then it should be opened for greenlight , dont get hasty ppl we want a quality product and im sure the DEVS are trying the best to produce a diamond as we can see from the detailing of map desing etc ....

siben

Big promotion should probably start maybe 6 weeks for release? And yes, steam is by far the most popular medium and in my opinion the best choice without knowing the small letters of such a deal.

Aniallator

Devs, just out of curiosity, what would be the disadvantages involved in releasing TW on Steam? I'd love to see the game on Steam, as I'm always unsure about browser games, and having TW as a browser-only game may discourage some people.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Last time I cheched it is free to have a steam acc, but you need to purchase a game in order to have access to all features.

Simon

Last time I cheched it is free to have a steam acc, but you need to purchase a game in order to have access to all features.

Yes, you need to buy something off the Steam to have full acces (Inviting people to groups, voting for a game on Greenlight....)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You know I never knew that. Is that a new(ish) restriction? I didn't remember it when I signed up back what dinosaurs roamed the earth

Status
Not open for further replies.