• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam summer sale recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

If you have any games on sale in the Steam summer sale to recommend, you can do so here!

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad - 50% off from $49.99 to $24.99
Insurgency - 70% off from $14.99 to $4.49
Red Orchestra 2 - 75% off from $19.99 to $4.99
Squad - 25% off from $39.99 to $29.99
Verdun - 50% off from $24.99 to $12.49

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I would definitely recommend Verdun to basically anyone on this forum. It's not super realistic but it's a good balance between fun and realism in my opinion.

Can't comment on Squad as I haven't played it.... Yet. Bought it yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingR

I would definitely recommend Verdun to basically anyone on this forum. It's not super realistic but it's a good balance between fun and realism in my opinion.

Can't comment on Squad as I haven't played it.... Yet. Bought it yesterday.

Why Verdun, if BF1 is more realistic? :confused:

Ohhhh, please tell me how Squad is! So far people really like it!

BTW, do not buy anything from Free Reign Entertainment (i.e. Shattered Skies, Infestation:World, etc.) as they are all part of a big scam!

@calgoblin, don't lie, you would so play My Little Pony in GMod! :D

Simon

[MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] as you saw from my video its okay. I play on gun range with other people (acts like a team deathmatch) and I enjoy it.

They will add vehicles in July so it will be better then. It's like Project Reality but with less content (I really hope they add more factions like in PR because that's really cool)
And also mods are being made for it.

FlyingR

@FlyingR as you saw from my video its okay. I play on gun range with other people (acts like a team deathmatch) and I enjoy it.

They will add vehicles in July so it will be better then. It's like Project Reality but with less content (I really hope they add more factions like in PR because that's really cool)
And also mods are being made for it.

Yes yes yes I know, and I saw many people play it. If you played online and an actual match, what did you think of it?

Aniallator

What I would give to see a let's play of @General Naga squad leading in Squad :D

@Simon the devs have confirmed a British faction eventually, but as in PR, I imagine a number of factions will be community made and chosen by the devs to be implemented into the game; the IDF is an example of a community-made faction in PR.

@FlyingR I haven't been able to play much online, but to me, Squad feels a lot like PR :) And vehicles haven't even been implemented yet! So far, my only disappointment is that the devs don't really care about the authenticity of different vehicles/weapons, something that PR excelled in. For example, Humvees and M939 trucks have been relegated by MRAPs and FMTVs in the US Army for years, yet the devs went ahead and chose them. Shotguns are unheard of in the Russian military (IRL Russian breachers use breaching charges), but the devs chose to implement the KS-23 for them, an extremely uncommon shotgun in itself. The US uses M4A1s when IRL M4s are far more common, and the US designated marksman role will be getting the M110, a semi-automatic sniper rifle! The devs don't seem to have any idea what weapons they should be implementing, but even worse is that when unauthentic vehicles/weapons or unauthentic aspects of authentic vehicles/weapons are pointed out by the community, the devs make excuses and ignore them. Some of the devs have said that they won't bother implementing the proper vehicles/weapons, while others have said that all unauthentic ones will eventually be replaced.

It doesn't affect gameplay except for ruining some of the asymmetry (for example, imagine if the US was properly given M4s; if that were the case, you'd see great asymmetry in that the whole US team would have to use semi-automatic and burst fire, as M4s don't have an automatic setting), but it's very annoying to say the least, especially for an überauthenticity nerd like myself... at least TW won't disappoint there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.