• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I know what you mean Franky - I've got both now and when it works Win8 is great but they're still ironing out the issues. Win7 is much safer.

Plus of course TWs doesn't (yet) officially support Win8 which is the deal killer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

_Franky_

Will be interesting to see how version 8.1 turns out though. But I doubt that it will alleviate any of those compatibility issues.

Sir Apple

Eventually things will get ironed out - the reality is technology moves ahead and people, games etc. eventually have to as well.

Some things are just too old, and not worth fixing - its just the way it is. As long as Crytek gets CE3 SDK working properly in Win8.

On a brighter side, I got Bf2 to run great on Windows 8 AND Fh2 as well. In fact it is running better for me on Win8 then Win7 :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's interesting to see that several of my old favourites are re-releasing HD versions of the game which are Windows 8 compatible and support the modern screen resolutions. AOE2 HD you have to pay for unfortunately but Stronghold Crusader HD was released completely free to existing owners by Firefly which is pretty decent of them if you think about how long ago that game was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.