• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Room 101 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

There are no saves. If your city gets messed up in a disaster or such, you're done, and have to start from scratch. It only synchs a single save file, which means the slightest mistake means starting from scratch.

I have had the game since Tuesday, and have yet to actually be able to play it. Any attempt to start a city is met with server errors...god damn I hate "always online" DRM.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Heh half the reason why I didn't buy Sim City. Was looking forward to too.

Apparently someone has made a mod which allows you to play offline. The whole thing just goes to show you should be careful when pre-ordering.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Not to mention that EA are looking at the possibility to make it offline anyway.

Maniche

brrr

TW Developer
Not to mention that EA are looking at the possibility to make it offline anyway.

Maniche
Really? I don't really believe that EA would do anything like that - at-least not until they have made maximum profits by pushing out overpriced expansion packs.

They will only make it offline once they realise that no more money can be made - even then they would probably be worried about people modding the game.

Personal I've given up hope on simcity, just lost my 3rd city today - disappeared into thin air after the latest patch. In a nutshell I'm done :p. Already reinstalling sim city 4 as I type this :).

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
That true though, but as it's already stated on Twitter by one of Maxi's employees, the game can run fine without internet as the server isn't computing anything other than the sync for Regions.

I've experienced if you move to a new server, you'll loose your city, so I'm now sticking to the "safest" one I know.

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.