• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Hello guys!

I just made yet another jolly well good map - The Tower! :)
I will upload a video on the Weapon Shop (i renamed to it The War Shop though :D).

The video is
Here

It look as if i did fix the shakiness though..

Last edited:

Troy

Oh awesome, if this only took a few hours I can't imagine what a few weeks would be ;)

Blindfire

You know what map would be really nice? The last map from Medal of Honor: Airborne ----->
I absolutely loved that map and would like to see some variant of it in this game. I do realize, however, that TW focuses on the early events of the second World War and the American Army wasnt around then, but since Im asking only for a variant, maybe you guys could get creative? ;) Just a thought. Anyways, The Tower looks really nice. Is it on an island or is the tower just on the coastline of some mainland?

Troy

It also focuses on realism and actual events so i don't think that map would suit TW :) But yeah it was a nice map ;)

Last edited:

VonMudra

<coughs> Firstly, that never happened. There was never a jump on Berlin, period.

Secondly, TW is focused, currently, on 1944 Normandy- not early war- and the Americans were absolutely involved. We just aren't doing the American sector of Normandy yet.

Last edited:
Just thought about that, i do know the map could not fit the TW world but, i'd like to see a map that isnt clearly realistic and where you can just mess around with no objectives or try new stuff. A place where you can do things for the lolz.

Some kind of map that went wrong in development and is still usable

-Squirrel

Roughbeak

Just to ease your minds, i am creating that map just for fun, as you showed Blindfire> its called "Flying Through Hail". :)

Progress of it is going very well.

*Way too big of map to make > fail, might even be too big for Maniche to make ;).

Last edited:

Blindfire

Well I tried. :) [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] So I shouldnt expect the North African theaters? Aw. Well, at least I have Nijmegen to look forward to. :D

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well I tried. :) @VonMudra So I shouldnt expect the North African theaters? Aw. Well, at least I have Nijmegen to look forward to. :D

We really haven't decided on what new theatres we will introduce in future chapters. Our focus is on OVERLORD at the moment. Bear in mind not all chapters will necessarily introduce a new theatre/nation, some may be focussed on new features instead.

Blindfire

Yeah that sounds fine. I also have another suggestion that might make some people giddy. But to make the suggestion, Ill need to ask a question first: will there be any sort of ranking system in game?

Roughbeak

In my honest opinion, i think we do need a ranking system. Not for the kiddies, but it does feel good playing a game that you "progress", or at least medals.
What if a noob likes to teamkill and there is no one to see what his score is.

Blindfire

Yeah it gives you something to work for, other than exploring the game. What would be nice is getting certain attachments at a higher level. At the beginning, you start out with the standard equipment, nothing special. Once you reach a certain rank, e.g. Captain, you would be allowed to add one attachment to your weapon. Now Im not saying to go all out with camos for weapons and stuff cause that wouldnt be realistic at all.

VonMudra

Attachments are class specific. There are no 'special' attachments, you get was you were issued as the class you are playing as.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Attachments are class specific. There are no 'special' attachments, you get was you were issued as the class you are playing as.

Well yeah attachments would be kind of immersion breaking... What about alternative equipment though? Some officers were famous for their ability to get (smuggle :p) all kinds of goodies the troops liked better. Wasn't there one regiment that kept their Thompsons when they were supposed to be issued Stens and also smuggled truckloads of .45 ammo for them? Stuff like that, maybe a nice Luger or a Colt/Browning as a sidearm, I think that could work in attracting some more casual players...

roflwaflz

Pathfinder Games
Well yeah attachments would be kind of immersion breaking... What about alternative equipment though? Some officers were famous for their ability to get (smuggle :p) all kinds of goodies the troops liked better. Wasn't there one regiment that kept their Thompsons when they were supposed to be issued Stens and also smuggled truckloads of .45 ammo for them? Stuff like that, maybe a nice Luger or a Colt/Browning as a sidearm, I think that could work in attracting some more casual players...
I would say then that the keyword there is "some". In my mind you would still be running into realistic immersion issues if you made that capability available to anyone who reached rank. In regards to alternate equipment in general, I pull an answer VonMudra gave in a different suggestion thread:
VonMudra said:
Odd kit will be shown through pick ups and special spawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.