• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

TNT pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

How about adding this for d day. They used this in the beaches to blow up the bunkers inside.

VonMudra

I have no knowledge of the British or Commonwealth forces using such contraptions on the beaches. Remember, only one of the beaches was effectively protected (Juno), and Sword/Gold were overrun extremely quickly, with actual German defense occurring off the beaches, as the majority of the German defenses on said beaches were in highly vulnerable fortified beach houses, that were quickly neutralized by the naval bombardment and Hobart's Funnies tanks.. Other than that, it should be known that we currently have no beach maps in the works at this time (though they are not ruled out). One of the main issues would be making ALL the various Hobart's Funnies tanks.

litchu

Starting off with the fact that you guys take reality very serious
One of the main issues would be making ALL the various Hobart's Funnies tanks.
Love the way you think!

That said..

I think if you do Overlord, beaches should be a part of the game aswell. I would like to see what you guys can get out of Pointe du Hoc.

As for the TNT pole, i wonder how you would want to control a thing like that in a game?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I think if you do Overlord, beaches should be a part of the game as well. I would like to see what you guys can get out of Pointe du Hoc.

We aren't saying we won't do beaches but we want to do them justice if we do. So no promises either way.

Point du Hoc was an American objective so won't be in OVERLORD which is focused on the British and Germans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

What you could do, is add Rommel's asparagus as a static with a bit of explosives tied to the top and plant them in a random field. Also, since the subject has slightly moved towards beaches, the Germans did plant a whole lot of stakes which were loosely embedded in concrete with a landmine, so if a landing craft would hit the said stake, it would blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.