• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Am I the only one who gets this when I click on TW homepage?

Simon

My ears are still ringing because we went around school whistling (37 people) because it's a tradition here that all 9 graders (last grade of primary) go around and whistle with whistles. Also last time I saw my schoolmates :(

So with headphones on it's 5 times worse. God I will cut my ears like Van Gogh so this ringing stops (jk ofc xD)

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION]: What I got was very similar to Simon's, down to the line numbers. However, it's gone now. If it pops up again, I'll make sure to notify you.

*facepalm*
*sigh*
All right, let's start with the basics, shall we? Belgium is a Western European country with 589 cities, divided over 10 provinces. It has a population of just over 11 million, which is roughly equivalent to New York City. The country has three national languages: Dutch, French, and German. It is a federal state with six governments: the federal government, the Flemish government, the Walloon government, the government of the Walloon Community, the government of the Brussels-Capital Region, and the government of the Germanophone community.

There are three regions and three communities: the Flemish region, the Walloon region, and the Brussels-Capital region. Communities are the Flemish community, the Walloon Community and the Germanophone community. In general, Flanders is more right-wing, and Wallonia is very left-leaning.

From this brief overview of the country of Belgium, it's apparent that it is a miracle that anything works in this country.

On a completely different note, I can indeed confirm that Mr Trump should have his mouth replaced with something more unsavoury, as he has been talking out of his arse for most of the campaign.

And before I forget: NOW SCOTS GREYS, NOW!!

Simon

From this brief overview of the country of Belgium, it's apparent that it is a miracle that anything works in this country.

I ask myself how anything works in my country too lol.

And we only have little more than 2 million people, that's like a district in New York lol. (Also his wife is Slovenian like me... Kill me)

Now a question for everyone, Steam sales are starting on 23rd June I believe and I need to decide between few games.

- GTA 5 (not buying if it doesn't go below 25€)
- Arma 3
- Squad

So like this (planning to buy only 2 games):

GTA 5 + Squad
Arma 3 + Squad
GTA 5 + Arma 3

Last edited:

FlyingR

On a completely different note, I can indeed confirm that Mr Trump should have his mouth replaced with something more unsavoury, as he has been talking out of his arse for most of the campaign.

He will win though!
[MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION], Arma + Squad

Aniallator

He will win though!

Don't say that!

@Simon I don't have GTA5 (really not my kind of game), but as someone who owns Arma 3 and Squad, I'd highly, highly recommend both of those to you! If you have some dough to spare, I'd get Verdun as well :) If you're getting GTA5 and have to choose between Arma and Squad, I'd buy Squad; that game is awesome (especially for PR players like ourselves), and awesomeness will skyrocket in a few months when they add vehicles. If you get Arma 3, it's crucial that you know that mods make the game ten times better. There are tens of thousands of Arma mods, and I personally use about a hundred that bring everything from present day US and Russian armed forces (RHS: AFRF and RHS: USAF) to amazing realism (ACE3) to Afghanistan and Iraq (Kunduz, Afghanistan and Diyala province Iraq). Read or watch a video about downloading and installing mods because although it's easy, it can be confusing for new players; I'd use Armaholic for everything, try to stay away from the Steam Workshop for anything but scenarios ;)

Simon

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] I want to buy GTA 5 because it has been a big deal for me when it was first announced.

It was year 2013 and I was losing my best friend (my cat) and I believe he passed away a week after GTA 5 released on last gen consoles. GTA 5 kinda helped me to focus on it instead of my cat.

And I can remember I was obssesed with GTA 5, my friend told me that he will block me on Skype if I post another GTA 5 update xD

Also I want to play it with my friend/s because I kinda promised him I will get it.

As for Squad and Arma 3. I don't use my mic so much because I'm little bit shy when it comes to speaking English to someone over a game (idk why lol)

I'll see how prices will go for those games.

Aniallator

@Aniallator I want to buy GTA 5 because it has been a big deal for me when it was first announced.

It was year 2013 and I was losing my best friend (my cat) and I believe he passed away a week after GTA 5 released on last gen consoles. GTA 5 kinda helped me to focus on it instead of my cat.

And I can remember I was obssesed with GTA 5, my friend told me that he will block me on Skype if I post another GTA 5 update xD

Also I want to play it with my friend/s because I kinda promised him I will get it.

As for Squad and Arma 3. I don't use my mic so much because I'm little bit shy when it comes to speaking English to someone over a game (idk why lol)

I'll see how prices will go for those games.

If you're keen on GTA5 then yeah, I'd go GTA5 and Squad, though perhaps Arma is the right game for you. As in PR you can be minimalistic when it comes to using your mic in Squad, though of course you have to call out targets you see, and so on. Mics don't matter in Arma 3 unless you're playing on a server that wants you to use one... and that's assuming you're even playing multiplayer. IMO, Arma 3 is more fun in single player (the AI is good, and made even better by mods), and I can spend all my time on that game making and playing my own scenarios... making your own is a blast!

Simon

If you're keen on GTA5 then yeah, I'd go GTA5 and Squad, though perhaps Arma is the right game for you. As in PR you can be minimalistic when it comes to using your mic in Squad, though of course you have to call out targets you see, and so on. Mics don't matter in Arma 3 unless you're playing on a server that wants you to use one... and that's assuming you're even playing multiplayer. IMO, Arma 3 is more fun in single player (the AI is good, and made even better by mods), and I can spend all my time on that game making and playing my own scenarios... making your own is a blast!

Thanks, I decided to go with GTA 5 + Arma 3

Status
Not open for further replies.