• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

FlyingR

As most of you may know, China is well known for its pollution. Yesterday was THE worst day of smog ever since I've been here for 4 years. The Air Quality Index (AQI) reached around a ****ing 1000 at one point. To put it in prospective, a 'normal' AQI is around 25, 100-150 is already unhealthy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-as-thick-smog-settles-over-northern-china/

Look here is a chart:

aqi.png

Most cities in Europe are between Green and Yellow.

This is what it looked like yesterday:

Beijing-as-air-pollution-reaches-hazardous-levels.jpg

Beijing-as-air-pollution-reaches-hazardous-levels-2.jpg

And now with strong winds coming from the north this is what it looks today!

beijing-weather.jpg

3cc7a352cc8d4fada71f6976_298x197.jpg

The funny/sad thing is that because of the wind pushing the smog south, it's going to hit southern cities such as Shanghai and eventually hitting Guangzhou.

Honestly, if I didn't get cancer yesterday then I will seriously live eternally.

Aniallator

Damn! I know the feeling. I was in Singapore when the smoke from illegal palm oil plantations in Sumatra hit, and it looked just like that! Palm oil plantations are resulting in the deforestation of Borneo (estimates put Borneo's total deforestation in just a decade or two) and the extinction of orang utans. I guarantee you that in one decade the only orang utans will be the ones in zoos.

My, my, do we live in a f*cked up world ;)

Simon

Guy's thats what happening in Europe is just weird. It's 2nd of December, and its 10°C. It goes up to 15°C sometimes, but it sticks to around 11°C to 12°C.

We had snow last week, and it was for 1 day then it got away. No sign of snow, but only temperatures as low as 8°C.
This is forecast for my country, which is weather "zone" that should have like 3°C max at this time of the year.
Also it has been the highest temperature since 1800s or something like that. Only time where it was close enough to this was in 1996 and 1997.

And in Slovenia there is 4°C on about 2500 meters.

Attachments

• 9126e522515d7bdbd9259086753fd4ae.png
    9126e522515d7bdbd9259086753fd4ae.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 3

Feldmeijer

Guy's thats what happening in Europe is just weird. It's 2nd of December, and its 10°C. It goes up to 15°C sometimes, but it sticks to around 11°C to 12°C.

We had snow last week, and it was for 1 day then it got away. No sign of snow, but only temperatures as low as 8°C.
This is forecast for my country, which is weather "zone" that should have like 3°C max at this time of the year.
Also it has been the highest temperature since 1800s or something like that. Only time where it was close enough to this was in 1996 and 1997.

And in Slovenia there is 4°C on about 2500 meters.

This morning a wasp was annoying me. A wasp in december.

Sydd

I don't understand... are they supposed to migrate or something? I mean I live in a country where the lowest temperatures are 15 degree Celsius. The irony being I have really good winter clothing but I can never wear them since... you know its 23 degrees...

Simon

I have a fly in house.... a f*cking fly in December ? Just waiting for mosquitos to come out like they do in summer.

And there was a pic *sorry can't find it* and it had a young flower *or how you call it, before it evolves* infront of EU parliament which is common for spring and not December.

Esu21

I actually have 2 mosquitos bites in my body right now... and I live in the coldest zone of Spain. Dammit

Aniallator

It's out! Project Reality: Arma 3 baby, yeah!

[video=youtube;P1Uuvuomfyw&hd=1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Uuvuomfyw&hd=1[/video]

Yes but in December where they should all die lol

Not in Africa my friend, not in Africa ;)

Last edited:

Simon

It's out! Project Reality: Arma 3 baby, yeah!

[video=youtube;P1Uuvuomfyw&hd=1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Uuvuomfyw&hd=1[/video]

Not in Africa my friend, not in Africa ;)

Temperatures are dropping so that's nice lol. Sadly PR Arma 3 is only 1 server which isnt really a "mod" and it's almost the same
Would rather play Tactical Battlefield for Arma 3, look it up, PvP MilSim mod.

Aniallator

Well technically it's not a mod at all, because everything's server side, but it looks fun. I've heard about TacBF, sadly I can't really play Arma 3 online, because I never have the Internet for it, and when I do it's usually spent getting more mods... thankfully A3 is a very offline-friendly game :)

By the way if you don't have the MELB mod, get it! I swear it's the best helo mod I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.