• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Got some more stuff:

Fun Fact: Despite Slovenia bein a Slav country, we say "Ja" instead of "Da, Tak, Ano..."

vXYpbC9.jpg
sneaky-slovenia_o_160657.jpg

slovenia_o_164248.jpg

6Sq7R1z.jpg

Aniallator

FlyingR

Does anyone know *cough* Mudra *cough* why Switzerland remained neutral? Why neither the Allies including the Soviet Union and the Axis at least tried to invade it? Was it because they stored and loaned the money/gold from the Swiss banks or does it have a deeper explanation to it? Did the Swiss supported one side more than the other (Germany)?

There was some part of the Maginot Line that reached the Swiss Alps but weren't used right?

DerJoachim

Does anyone know *cough* Mudra *cough* why Switzerland remained neutral? Why neither the Allies including the Soviet Union and the Axis at least tried to invade it? Was it because they stored and loaned the money/gold from the Swiss banks or does it have a deeper explanation to it? Did the Swiss supported one side more than the other (Germany)?

There was some part of the Maginot Line that reached the Swiss Alps but weren't used right?

Switzerland was known throghout history as the "meatgrinder of Kings". ;)

Very few tried to invade them and all failed, in reality Hitler considered to invade Switzerland but theyr ministers persuaded him to not do so, Nazi Germany had some financial treaties and if i remember right GErmany was allowed to use the train- Basel part of Switzerland moving goods and arms around without payng the fee for entry, Germany had a big industry complex in Solothurn(north of Switzerland) where they produced weapons for Germany something like that, and yeah, Switzerland is impossible to invade, it is just a big cluster**** of mountains and Swiss ppl are very patriotic and would have grinded alot of German troops in that hell hole, and for what?? Hitler would get nothing in return but maybe another very dangerous partisan insurgency in a very dangerous area for warfare, although as i said, he did considered to invade Switzerland, just for the sake of doing it.

Aniallator

Indeed, though one has to wonder... why wouldn't Germany want to take control of the world's best chocolate supply? I mean, come on!

DerJoachim

Lol the meme about the dudes that buy old stuff, ahaah i love that TV program, and the memes are totally true rotfl.

Aahha yes, and the memes are 100% true, now i understand they have to make money out of it, but they are true assholes lol.

I will sure to tell them ya said that next week. Will be letting it RIDE in Sin City next week xD You want me to place bets for you Mr Der J? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.