• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Traction War's Competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Indeed indeed... When I ask for the updates though, I do it because I don't want the people here to get disappointed and quit because they are not patient enough hahaha, (Heil Ani!) as for me I don't care, I can wait and I settle with the team actually engaging, reading and replying to us, for me that says a lot already.

That is an excellent idea! It would actually be really cool actually, hope they take that into consideration.

Sydd

Indeed indeed... When I ask for the updates though, I do it because I don't want the people here to get disappointed and quit because they are not patient enough hahaha, (Heil Ani!) as for me I don't care, I can wait and I settle with the team actually engaging, reading and replying to us, for me that says a lot already.

That is an excellent idea! It would actually be really cool actually, hope they take that into consideration.

I concur.

#HeilAni :laugh:

Edit: I feel bad being a part of a small group responsible for derailing a thread *Gulp* Getting back on topic, Can war thunder be viewed as TW's competitor? I mean they have a simulator and realistic playerbase as well...

Last edited:

Aniallator

Ani! I like it! I'll have to change my signature...

But sometimes the tailor tells you to come try it out before he finishes the suit so he can see if it fits well... what then? Nobody forces anybody anything, we are just asking for asking, we know we will get the updates, videos and the game when they are ready. I respect that they have to do the game perfectly before any updates or the actual game, but I don't have a problem at all, I'll wait, I don't mind.

However, Sydd, get in our point of view too, there are people here that have registered a year or 2 ago. There are few like drummer93, Ani, and many others that have been supporting the game and have an amazing patience of still being here despite a low amount of updates and videos since the beginning of this game, that is great dedication and love for the game. But there are more than 1000 who stopped coming here because of the small activity.

Now, I am not blaming anyone. The dev is doing an absolute outstanding job even though they have their real life ordeals, and I believe that what they are doing is 100% quality that it's hard to find in most games today or ever. I fully support the team and you will see me logging in almost every day and participating in the forums because their hard work is really respectable and worth every minute.

Took the words out of my mouth! I wish I could like this twice.

And good idea, [MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION]. I think, devs, that you may be overthinking your updates; they don't need to be five hundred word essays! At least, not always. You could suffice with a one paragraph devlog every week or few days, saying what features of the game you're focusing on, what you're polishing, et cetera. Something quick that you can put together in five minutes. Include a screenshot now and then. Leave bigger updates to be about one thing, like a map or a weapon, while using devlogs to convey the overall progress of the game to the community. Save bigger updates for every few weeks or whatever. You just need something regular, something to keep less rigorous followers... well, following!

mmiedzianyy

All of you guys has some strong points and i think that there is no best answer. I think that the stuff which is available for new commers is enough proof that the project is worth waiting. I keep my eye on this project for about 1.5 year now and being active over 6 months. I can say that updates are not so often, but when they are out im happy as i was 10 when i had my birthday! What is more im very impressed how the community is acting when update is taking place. It's a sort of event when all gather up and admire all the hard work. It all means that you Devs have great dedicated audience and you won't lose it surely. But as i mentioned.. news here are something like event, from time to time.. ;P

FlyingR

Though I'd like to see new faces on the forum, I do like the tight-knit community we have now.

Along with @mmiedzianyy , I completely agree with your points. It is complicated because the team doesn't have a lot of time to make the game, let alone to promote it I think...

They just have pages in FB, Steam and Twitter from what I know. That's how I came to the game, TW kept appearing on my screen as a related game to PR so out of curiosity I clicked and now I'm here.

Bluedrake 42 did make a video about this long time ago, I'm sure it caught a lot of attention. I dunno, maybe us, the community, must help out even more.

Aniallator

When TW's neared release, and there's some more TW media to envy, I'd like to give a heads up to YouTubers like Bluedrake42 and LevelCap and try get them to do a spotlight video... something like that will hopefully bring a lot of new players.

mmiedzianyy

I'm certain it would. Every way of advertisement is needed and youtube is a powerful weapon in wise use.

PS. I can even distribute leaflets xD

FlyingR

Besides getting new players we also need to get the old ones back, but once the game is out I'm sure most of them will reappear. Damn it, I want to play the game so bad!! I'm so hyped for this!

BTW this is Bluedrake42's video:

Aniallator

I know, I want to play this game so bad!

And no, I don't think LevelCap's part of the TW community, but when we've neared release I can just send him a heads up or something on YouTube. Shouldn't be hard. He's done a bunch of spotlight videos before, too.

Sydd

I'm excited about tomorrow... :D Seriously tho' nobody cares that we derailed an entire thread tho' right? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.