• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

War alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

William

whenever city is being attack there should be alert E.G france under attack to alert army we need this: [video=youtube;-ABZ_6wFg_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ABZ_6wFg_8[/video]

Last edited:

litchu

every goddamn first monday of the month :( don't know how it's in other countries, but in holland they test our warning systems every first monday of the month by putting them on for a few mins

As for the game, it would be nice if alarms would be set off during the start of a battle. But i wouldn't mind them stopping after a few mins though..

Roughbeak

every goddamn first monday of the month :( don't know how it's in other countries, but in holland they test our warning systems every first monday of the month by putting them on for a few mins
Haha, in my town the city sets off the "warning" sirens (for tornadoes or such) every first Wednesday of the month. :)

William

yes sorry for not Adding time limit this siren will last for until the vid ends (its only to alert army) if they found enemy detection

Last edited:

Troy

we have air raid sirens and what not, In my town Nuclear submarines are built and heysham nuclear powerplant is only 13 miles away so it would be a high priority target I'm guessing for that and the dock.

VonMudra

I hope you realize a few things here William:

1) We are a realism game. IE, no arcade-y stuff. No "cool things" just because they're "cool."

2) We are a multiplayer map based game, in which each map will realistically and accurately portray a specific battle/operation to the best of our ability. As such, it is somewhat obvious there is a war on.

3) Air raid sirens only really existed on air bases and far from front line areas. Since we are representing frontline warfare, there simply would be no air raid sirens present.

4) Stopping all play for a "video" of an air raid siren and it blaring aimlessly just because some enemies got close to a flag would utterly destroy game play.

In total, suggestions here should reflect the realities of the game development. We are a realism-based game focused on delivering an accurate representation of the Second World War in Normandy (and maybe, eventually, other theaters of the war as well).

SShadowFox

Maybe not sirens, but some sort of small alarm that can be activated by a player as he spots enemy troops, not triggered by a script.

Status
Not open for further replies.