• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Weapons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

Keep in mind JakeWedding this is a combat realism mod, so gameplay follows in suit. The weapon you are issued is the weapon you have, regardless of how many people you kill. Unless of course you spawn with a different weapon.

Not saying your idea is bad but I see it more in a CoD type game.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
keep it simple :p dont overkill. Attachments are great but is it really needed? Do you have more fun if you could? maybe in the future chapters?

[JR]Hussar

Guys, if this is about realism, then you shouldn't be unlocking upgrades to weapons....things like Bayonets were standard issue, everyone with a weapon that could take one should have one issued in game. Have any of you ever played Darkest Hour? The Mod for RO1? That game, though old and flagging now, did fine without some unlock system.

Perhaps having some limited classes would work better, a bit like the RO system.

Anyway, that's my 2 pence, don't detract from realism, it will be this thing's niche!

Komrade

Guys, if this is about realism, then you shouldn't be unlocking upgrades to weapons....things like Bayonets were standard issue, everyone with a weapon that could take one should have one issued in game. Have any of you ever played Darkest Hour? The Mod for RO1? That game, though old and flagging now, did fine without some unlock system.

Perhaps having some limited classes would work better, a bit like the RO system.

Anyway, that's my 2 pence, don't detract from realism, it will be this thing's niche!

Indeed, this game is going to be focusing on realism so unlocking weapon attachment isn't good idea. I really hope this is not going to be like RO2, trying to make it for old Ostfront vets and also for more casual players. When talking about realism, I really hope that TW will not include any ultra rare weapons and attachments seen in WW2.

Every soldier who carries a rifle should be equipped with bayonet since it was standard issue. It would be awesome if TW would have same kinda system with bayonets than RO1/DH had. Fix bayonets when needed.

I was walking around Wikipedia and read that the Lee-Enfield had 2 variants (MLE-SMLE), one with short magazine and the other with long mag. I was wondering if 1. i'm not reading fictional facts and 2. which one i will kill people with in-game

volcol

The British entered the war with a lot of Enfield SMLE (No1 Mk3) rifles, as there were plenty left from the Great war. The SMLE was replaced for the most part by the Enfield No4 Mk1, however the SMLE was used a lot by Common Wealth forces (India, Canada, Anzac etc)

Personally I'd love to model the SMLE :) but we have no real use for it as yet.

We're trying to model the common weapons more than anything else - as A) they're more believable - no super rare pistols etc and B) much easier to research. For example, we are going with the NB 39 German smoke grenade instead of the Nebel 42 smoke grenade ( as the NB39 had 7 times the number produced)

That's not to say we might bend the rules a little with some items but we understand that it wouldn't be realistic everyone running around with Gew41's and De Lisle Rifles :)

Cool, thanks for the info, also, i believe with what you said there will not be any Mafia style tommy guns ? Perfect, i wouldn't like to face a rambo red beret rush around with an unbelieveable firepower :D

Komrade

I don't think Brits had many Tommy guns with drum magazine during Overlord. Brits used more Sten Mk2 as SMG but they had some Thompsons too, without the drum mag though.

VonMudra

The MLE was used prior to WW1, was long gone by WW2. And don't worry, weapons, and weapon attachments, will all be realistically distributed. I will see to that myself :p

As for thompsons, no drum mags, and they'll be a lot less common than stens.

How about weapon jams? On machine guns at least. Though I feel like I'm shooting (hehe) my future self in the foot by suggesting this...

TheTurk_007

Dunno what you guys say, but dont ruin the game by giving the option of all infantry having a scoped and silenced MP40's... You get what Im saying?

Anyways, a Beretta M38 SMG would be cool, and Im sure I've seen a photo of a German using it.

Sir Apple

Yeah AFAIK Germany did use the Beretta quite a bit, its quite a cool smg. Von Mudra or Fuchs would know for sure the extent it was used.

And no, never would we ruin the game with such silly 'weapon modifications' and nonsense, don't worry :)

VonMudra

Dunno what you guys say, but dont ruin the game by giving the option of all infantry having a scoped and silenced MP40's... You get what Im saying?

Anyways, a Beretta M38 SMG would be cool, and Im sure I've seen a photo of a German using it.

I would start hurling bricks at people if unrealistic weapon attachments got in the game.

Also the Beretta M38 did pop up in normandy enough to make it game worthy. Maybe as a pick up kit.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.