• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Weapons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTurk_007

I would start hurling bricks at people if unrealistic weapon attachments got in the game.

Also the Beretta M38 did pop up in normandy enough to make it game worthy. Maybe as a pick up kit.... ;)

Oh yeah, that photo.

And yes, please please please dont make this like BF3. You heard VonMudra

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well on the plus side it's realistic but on the negative side it could get very frustrating if it happened too often and what was happening would have to be effectively communicated to the player who may otherwise think it's a bug. On the whole though I've always loved the idea :)

Sir Apple

EDIT: Or what Naga said :p

Jamming is a a possibility, its being discussed behind the scenes so time will tell :) We are definitely interested in implementing it, just not sure if it will make first release.

VonMudra

Yep, I love the idea of random jams in MG's, SMGs, and semi-autos, but it's a matter of implementation and making sure it doesn't break the game for the player. :)

Well, For playing Resistance&Liberation, I know that the Semi-Automatic guns with no Rate of Fire *Control*
it just gets a huge spam With people going full-auto.

So, either you guys end this with gun jamming if shooting too fast/long or a time lapse between each shots to avoid it.

-Squirrel

It would have to happen pretty irregularly/be relatively easily remedied for people to not rage quit all the time :p

Well, For playing Resistance&Liberation, I know that the Semi-Automatic guns with no Rate of Fire *Control*
it just gets a huge spam With people going full-auto.

So, either you guys end this with gun jamming if shooting too fast/long or a time lapse between each shots to avoid it.

-Squirrel
Could you link me to a video of that? I'd love to see it!

VonMudra

What do you mean no rate of fire control? In Theory, semi-autos can actually fire faster than most full autos due to their nature. Obviously you'll be limited to how fast you can click the mouse, but don't expect any sort of accuracy from it, since the recoil will be heavy, and you won't have the weight or bipod of a MG to counter the recoil. First shot accurate, 2nd shot high, 3rd shot higher, 4th shot you're an AA gun, as the saying went with the M14 on full auto ;)

Pascucci

On the Beretta M38, I'd much rather see some weapons that were ubiquitous to the Normandy theater prior to it. It is also worth noting that the German military issued more pistols per man than most other armies of the war. Pistols always tend to be overlooked in games, typically only including the Luger and the much more common P38, but it is very important to remember that most of the arms plants they captured were ordered to prioritize pistol manufacture for the German army. The Cz-27 was very common on the battlefields of every theater, fighting alongside its more common counterparts and the FN-22 and Radom both appeared frequently in more 'elite' units.

VonMudra

Yes, we'll see all the generic german stuff of course. Various pistols will def be in, though I should note that FJ and SS are currently not planned for the first release. Expect to see other pistols once the P38 and Lugar are finished fully, as well as foreign LMGs and rifles that the Germans used in Normandy eventually.

TheTurk_007

It would be really cool if we had an alternative to the K98ZF sniper rifle. The G98 was also used as a sniper in WW2, and Im sure I've seen a G98 on volcol's ModDB page :)

Davies

Vanguard Friend
If you still want to put in disadvantages to attachments, wouldn't an obvious one for a bayonet be the fact that the rifle would be unbalanced and heavier toward the muzzle, causing increased rifle sway?

VonMudra

If you still want to put in disadvantages to attachments, wouldn't an obvious one for a bayonet be the fact that the rifle would be unbalanced and heavier toward the muzzle, causing increased rifle sway?

Depends on the rifle. Many were actually zeroed with bayonet attached (Mosin Nagant for one), and so were actually more accurate with it attached. Other than that, I've seen several articles where they have tested and busted the idea that that extra weight makes the rifle noticeably less accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.