• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Website Post-Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

I was wondering what the website would look like after the game is launched. I know there has been discussions regarding in having the players profile with all the game information and other things. Will you guys actually do that? Or will it still be the same layout as it is at the moment as in the same content.

A part from the content right now (forum, media, etc) I'm sure there will be download section as well. What about direct links to servers and teamspeak?

And I would like to suggest maybe having a chat like Facebook or the like in the site so players can communicate with each other easily without having to use Steam or what not rather than sending PMs which you can only send/receive 30 before having to delete them.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Post-launch there will be some site changes to reflect the fact the game is available rather than in development.

I wouldn't hold your breath for integrated services like your describing but it's an idea which has been floated before as you know. It's a huge amount of work and as you can imagine right now our focus is completely on the game development rather than any external services.

You're very welcome to make suggestions in this area but remember the game is the focus for us rather than a shiny feature filled website ;)

FlyingR

Yes I perfectly understand that the game is the #1 priority. I just wanted to know if you had some ideas or something special regarding the site. That is all really. :p

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
We have lots of ideas but we're not at the stage yet where we're ready to share them or put any into action ;)

Good news is that we're at a stage where suggestions might find their way into the final design :p

Aniallator

I agree, integrated Teamspeak and whatnot would be awesome, and IMO as Flying suggested a chatroom would be a good idea. At some point. Later. In a few years.

FlyingR

Are you doing the site Naga by yourself or is it a collective effort? I just hope that the website will be simple and user-friendly!

I'm going to add that the good thing with TS, Chat, etc is that they are all widgets or whatever you call them and they are quite easy to add to the site as you must know. As for the servers, you could use Gametracker or whatever to add the server details and join button.

Aniallator

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] just a thought, but you could put out an offer for anyone with HTML/website skills to do whatever to the site. I'm sure we have some HTML nuts in the community...

FlyingR

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] just a thought, but you could put out an offer for anyone with HTML/website skills to do whatever to the site. I'm sure we have some HTML nuts in the community...

Idem. That's what I was thinking too, to help out at least.
Maybe not now, but before the launch.

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] Does that mean my weapons overview suggestion from a while back is still on the to-do list?

FlyingR

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] Does that mean my weapons overview suggestion from a while back is still on the to-do list?

What do you mean by weapons overview? As in a list of all the weapons with their specs? If so, that should be in the manual.

SpaceCroissant

Are you doing the site Naga by yourself or is it a collective effort?

The website is solely [MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION]'s baby! I stay well away from that... web development business :p

As Naga said, we're open to listen to any suggestions you guys may have - just can't make any promises right now.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Ugh, any chance of being able hitting enter after typing in log-in details so I don't have to do the excessive effort of using my mouse to click the "log-in" button?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Ugh, any chance of being able hitting enter after typing in log-in details so I don't have to do the excessive effort of using my mouse to click the "log-in" button?

I don't see why not. I'll put it on the list for the next time we push out maintenance update to the site.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's not logging me out by my own doing... somethimes there's a derp and it keeps logging me out of some websites.

Any chance you've got something like CCleaner running to clear out old temp files? Most of those apps will delete session cookies as well causing you to be logged out.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Eh, I have no idea what might be causing it (no ccleaner or anything similar), and it happens on random websites (before it was H&G forum, than it worked fine, now it's TW...), other times it can struggle properly showing read and unread posts at some forum boards. It's something that's been happening for quite awhile, and after detailed investigation only conclusion I can find is that it's "IE being IE" :/

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You know what the solution to that is don't you.. Get a different browser ;)

We don't use cookies for read/unread. It's more intensive for our server but it's cleaner and neater to use.

FlyingR

Why the hell do you still use IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.