• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What are you most looking forward to in TW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

What about TW are you most looking forward to? You can say ONE thing ;)

For me, the realistic portrayal of weapons; in Verdun, I love - I mean I really, really love - the variety of weapons, and how they're all realistically portrayed. There are like fifteen bolt-action rifles, but every one feels different, be it the ironsights, the sound, the reloading method, the bolting method, the magazine capacity... all of it. It's this that I'm most looking forward to in TW; how Lee-Enfields will bolt faster than other rifles, how Lebels will have to be loaded round by round, how Lugers have that damned funny way of reloading, how Stielhandgranaten can be thrown farther than other grenades and will stun more than kill... TW with its Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. IIIs and No. 4 Mk. Is, K98s, Lebels, perhaps even G98s, it's Webley Mk. IVs, Lugers, P38s, Rubies... all that stuff.

*bows grandly* Thank you!

mmiedzianyy

But he is right Ani! Everything seems to be done on the highest level and i literally can't choose what i am looking forward to the most.. :)

Killen

What about TW are you most looking forward to? You can say ONE thing ;)

For me, the realistic portrayal of weapons; in Verdun, I love - I mean I really, really love - the variety of weapons, and how they're all realistically portrayed. There are like fifteen bolt-action rifles, but every one feels different, be it the ironsights, the sound, the reloading method, the bolting method, the magazine capacity... all of it. It's this that I'm most looking forward to in TW; how Lee-Enfields will bolt faster than other rifles, how Lebels will have to be loaded round by round, how Lugers have that damned funny way of reloading, how Stielhandgranaten can be thrown farther than other grenades and will stun more than kill... TW with its Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. IIIs and No. 4 Mk. Is, K98s, Lebels, perhaps even G98s, it's Webley Mk. IVs, Lugers, P38s, Rubies... all that stuff.

*bows grandly* Thank you!

Meh, this is not war, we don't need the Stiel*whatever* to be thrown further than a Pineapple nade... it's maybe a little unbalanced?

Xanderman

Vanguard Backer
The ability to play as the brits in a realistic multiplayer fps set in WW2. Also gib game pls!!!!

Aniallator

Meh, this is not war, we don't need the Stiel*whatever* to be thrown further than a Pineapple nade... it's maybe a little unbalanced?

No, that is asymmetry ;) Stick grenades can be thrown farther than normal grenades because throwing from the stick generates more leverage, but it's balanced because unlike the British Mills bomb, they're not frag grenades but stun grenaes.

Last edited:

FlyingR

Yeah releasing it will be pretty sweet. Tiring and incredibly stressful I'm sure, but will be great to have it out there.

I'm sure that it will be unbelievable for you guys. Actually finishing the game, not quitting, seeing it become famous! :)
[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], but yeh, I want to see features or systems that will promote teamwork, thus making it more immersive. Teamwork is all.

Killen

Oh yeah, they'll still kill people, they just have a smaller lethal radius than proper fragmentation grenades.

I've read that the way you do the surface doesn't change the ending results; this is why US Army now uses spherical grenades :)

The StielHandgrenade are almost as big as millis right (the iron side)? They should deal the same damage?
Just asking

Aniallator

I've read that the way you do the surface doesn't change the ending results; this is why US Army now uses spherical grenades :)

The StielHandgrenade are almost as big as millis right (the iron side)? They should deal the same damage?
Just asking

They are similar in size, yes, but that doesn't matter; they both even have about the same amount of explosive filling (the Stielhandgranate may even have more), the difference is the Mills has a cast iron fragmentation case (that's the pineapple shape) while the Stielhandgranate has quite literally a tin can. The Mills was designed to kill, where the Stielhandgranate was designed to stun enemies with the raw blast of the grenade (magnified due to the large amount of explosive filling and thin tin case). It's lighter than the Mills, and thanks to that and increased leverage from it's "stick" handle it can be thrown up to twice as far (14 meters for the Mills, 27-37 meters for the Stielhandgranate).

Swaffy

Realistic damage-modelling on tanks.

It will be hard to make something as complex as War Thunder's tank damage system, but some basic calculations based on angle and armor thickness (not any super detailed stuff needed) would suffice just fine, also no need to factor in crews/modules. After playing Battlefield 1942 where any hit on, for example, a front plate would do the same damage regardless of angle just seems pretty bland. I trust the devs know a good balance point when they get deeper into or past the Overlord stage of development.

B.Kavanagh

In depth representation of the Brits, tactical game play. (I imagine it will be good in this community as its based boi)

Aniallator

It will be hard to make something as complex as War Thunder's tank damage system, but some basic calculations based on angle and armor thickness (not any super detailed stuff needed) would suffice just fine, also no need to factor in crews/modules. After playing Battlefield 1942 where any hit on, for example, a front plate would do the same damage regardless of angle just seems pretty bland. I trust the devs know a good balance point when they get deeper into or past the Overlord stage of development.

No, I think damage to crew members is pretty crucial; RO2, of course, implemented crew damage excellently. A round in the wrong place could kill one or several crew members, preventing the tank from being fully combat effective.

Siggi

Something more complex than DH's hit-point system would be a deal-breaker for me. But if we do get proper penetration models along with component damages we'll also need the ability to repair, something like ARMA does.

I doubt we'll get any of that of course, most likely we'll get DH with mega-graphics. Unless somebody wins the lottery and gives these guys the necessary funding. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.