• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
As part of my final degree I've put together an interactive showreel, and when I say 'put together' I mean I have taught myself all kinds of weird and wonderful things in developing with Unity. There was coding and level design and textures, but the main focus of it is the audio, which is also the only part of the development I can be fairly confident in it not being terrible.

The idea is that it shows off me and puts my work in a museum-style layout that can be viewed by anyone with an interest and access to Firefox as Chrome does not support Web Player anymore which sucksssss. Anyway I made a little trailer as I'm still polishing up and adding pointless features that I for some reason think are important but in reality just cause me more suffering.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Me again! Another final year university project I completed was this sound replacement from various scenes from The Walking Dead. Some spoilers in there I guess, but it is season 1 which was many years ago now! All of the audio in there was recorded, treated, edited and mixed by me for stereo and 5.1 surround outputs. I go into some more detail on my site if anyone is interested.

[video]https://vimeo.com/callumbigden/thewalkingdeadsoundreplacement[/video]

No Vimeo embedding? For shame :p

FlyingR

[MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION] Great job! It's like doing the sounds for movies like before the 90s! Your song Orchestra Invasion is very good mate, is that going to be part of TW??

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
@calgoblin Great job! It's like doing the sounds for movies like before the 90s! Your song Orchestra Invasion is very good mate, is that going to be part of TW??

The Dark Knight was done entirely like that because they used very noisy Imax cameras, and Foley sound is still a massive part of film and games. And yes I plan to use those tracks in the alien invasion map we have planned.

Aniallator

The Dark Knight was done entirely like that because they used very noisy Imax cameras, and Foley sound is still a massive part of film and games. And yes I plan to use those tracks in the alien invasion map we have planned.

Now those I am looking forward too.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I made this silly little ball game as an experiment in making silly little ball games. You have to collect the correct colours over 3 difficulty levels and 2 gamemodes until you can call yourself the Emperor of Balls, or something. I mean, who doesn't want that title? It's available on Google Play. (A free version is also available!)

Sydd

I'll be frank, I hate anime... but those are some damned good drawings, @Sydd!

I don't blame ya, although I would recommend "Attack on Titan" (Shingeki no Khyojin) to anyone, its mature (Not in that way you fkin pervs, as in gore and somewhat dark) Oh its also related to a war of a kind.

Thanks for the compliments guys although they aren't all that great.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I don't blame ya, although I would recommend "Attack on Titan" (Shingeki no Khyojin) to anyone, its mature (Not in that way you fkin pervs, as in gore and somewhat dark) Oh its also related to a war of a kind.

Yea, that was good stuff. Liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.