• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I have made some more - surprise - music! As much orchestral action crammed into 100 seconds as possible; perfect Monday listening. It's probably fantastic as a morning alarm to get you in the mood for slaying mass hordes of aliens or something!

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/battle-stations]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/battle-stations[/video]

Last edited:
Simply put: I love it.

There's something about a full-blown symphonic orchestra that can never beat all that electrical bovine youknowwhat (with one massive exception, obviously). The likes of John Barry, Ennio Morricone, and John Williams are masters of their trade, but you, Sir, surely deserve a seat reservation at their table.

I thank you for putting a smile back on my tortured face.

Roughbeak

The amount of detail, wow! What maps are these 2048x2048px?

-----

Just a little taste of what I'm going through; added an environment map to that G98. :D

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
If only we don't have to use textures and can play games with high poly models only XD
Well, have textures for dirt, damage and etc. you get the point

litchu

Well I haven't quite made something YET, but I got accepted to a hackathon ( contest creating a (web)application ) in Amsterdam. First time experience for me and I'm super excited :D

Also, all exepenses are paid for and we get a free stay in a hotel!!

Last edited:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Remember to bring your worst quallity dashcam with you and record EVERYTHING!
(also ca somebod send the fella a TW T-Shirt? Naga?)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I made an album, essentially is a film soundtrack for a hypothetical film. In other words it is an album in the style of a film soundtrack, but with no film. If there was a film, it would be expensive and have aliens and spaceships and explosions, but there isn't. It's just the music. You get what I mean... The album tells the story of Simon, and his progression during the fictional alien invasion. The story is told in the individual track descriptions, or from the bonus image you get if you download it. The first track from said album is below!

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/experiment-c14]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/experiment-c14[/video]

You can listen to the whole thing and download it from the Bandcamp page. Its free to download, just enter '0' as the amount. You can of course put some payment in, and it will be greatly appreciated, but it is entirely optional and for important legal reasons must stress it will not aid Traction Wars, its development, or it's developer cookie addiction. Sorry.

I hope you enjoy the album as much as I enjoyed making it. And don't forget to pray for Simon, or something.

cover-frontsmall.jpg

MausRatte

I made an album, essentially is a film soundtrack for a hypothetical film. In other words it is an album in the style of a film soundtrack, but with no film. If there was a film, it would be expensive and have aliens and spaceships and explosions, but there isn't. It's just the music. You get what I mean... The album tells the story of Simon, and his progression during the fictional alien invasion. The story is told in the individual track descriptions, or from the bonus image you get if you download it. The first track from said album is below!

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/experiment-c14]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/experiment-c14[/video]

You can listen to the whole thing and download it from the Bandcamp page. Its free to download, just enter '0' as the amount. You can of course put some payment in, and it will be greatly appreciated, but it is entirely optional and for important legal reasons must stress it will not aid Traction Wars, its development, or it's developer cookie addiction. Sorry.

I hope you enjoy the album as much as I enjoyed making it. And don't forget to pray for Simon, or something.

It's... it's beautiful ;-;. So happy to see so much talent from a single man.

Roughbeak

I might have a little surprise about this time too. ;)

This may come as a surprise, but I have to share nonetheless.

After a hard three months of application stuff (starting early in November), I was accepted into the Forgotten Hope 2 development team! My job is to create statics (buildings, props) from scratch. Including: making lods, collision meshes, lightmaps etc. So excited right now! :D

Roughbeak

Oh, I always have liked Traction Wars, just the texture system of BF2/FH2 works really well in 3ds Max.

Soon enough, I will try to become a dev here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.