• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
[MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION] an NDA is a "non-disclosure agreement" otherwise known as a confidentiality agreement in the UK. The terms vary but typically they stop someone taking about something e.g. commercially sensitive information.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Us devs are on them, but ours doesn't stop me from revealing that Traction Wars will be launching on a fantastic new engine!

litchu

Not just the alpha-testers.. ;)

* Sorry I didn't see calboglin posted before me, looks great btw! That'd be CryEngine 4 I assume
** Neither did I see Naga's post..

Last edited:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
@th_battleaxe

Non-Disclosure-Agreement, basically you aren't allowed to speak about what you do/see.

Like if I theoretically worked for Traction Wars and there is a super cool new tank model/system I can't talk about it or say it exists before it gets released, and in some cases I might not be allowed to mention I participated in it's making at all or say anything about it otuside what public can see for themselves (like it's stats, bugs and etc.).

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Any Muse fans in da house?!?!? (Apart from Volcol)

If you are then you may like this medley of many Muse songs in a charming 8-bit style. Name all the songs and you can have a 'Muse-5'. (It's like a 'high-5' but we dress up in sparkly suits.)

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/8bit-muse-medley]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/8bit-muse-medley[/video]

Roughbeak

Thanks for the likes guys! :)

A little something I did with a team member (in a FH2 minimod). Perhaps [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] can grill me with historical accuracy with this? :D

volcol

Thanks for the likes guys! :)

A little something I did with a team member (in a FH2 minimod). Perhaps @VonMudra can grill me with historical accuracy with this? :D

It's looking ok - I'm guessing it's just a diffuse?

The wood needs a good bit of work (though, wood on weapons is very difficult to work with) Also - I'd look into normal and specualr maps in the render.

Details mostly seem to be there (you could texture the underside of the G98 - near the trigger guard - ref here : http://www.byswordandmusket.co.uk/wp-content/imagescaler/7aa6f02797d15801968cdc8b61bf50b5.jpg)

I'd look to make the markings more obvious - and perhaps work on a little more wear and tear

Only thing that is annoying me about the model is the ball on the bolt handle isn't connected fully :D

Roughbeak

Thanks for the tips; for that bolt ball, that's just a image error. ;)

Those renders are just basic, here's the main one. :)

siben

If you are going for a WW1 Gew 98 (since you have the disc in the stock) then the whole bolt and chamber should be in chrome. Nice super bright white.
At the stock the ring for the rifle sling is of a completely wrong design, it is also missing the hook at the underside near the barrel where the sling could be attached.
Otherwise it looks okayish.

Roughbeak

As said before, the model is not mine, I just created the textures. :)

However I could go for that chrome bolt, I thought of it, but in reality, wouldn't the bolt get dirty in it's years of service?

Status
Not open for further replies.