• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcol

Been busy as of late with contract stuff (guess who I'm working with!)

Good practice for any future TW stuff I suppose ;)

Alex

Verdun. OOoohh boy. I haven't touched the game in ages.
I remember the browser launched beta that was free.

Nice job!

volcol

Verdun. OOoohh boy. I haven't touched the game in ages.
I remember the browser launched beta that was free.

Nice job!

I wouldn't touch it for a little while yet, along with new characters, map fixes, 32v32 servers comes the brits and commonwealth :) I'll be sure to update here :)

Roughbeak

[MENTION=155]volcol[/MENTION] really great model!

Is it just me or the soldier looks confused, or maybe they did look like that back then? :D

oxigebr

I bought the Verdun these days, nice to know you are working on the game. sure that I paid money and I will have a fair retribution! xD

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
ShapeWay! A innovative puzzle platformer coming soon for Android. I did not make this trailer, but I did make the game - the sound and music, at least.

Roughbeak

The upcoming map is going very well! I just knew something was missing, just then a thought popped into my head to add some Wehrmacht stuff to create a more convincing scene! :)

All of that German stuff in the scene is mine, this was all created through Photoshop. On those boxes, that "Oben Nicht Werfen", that eagle, and "Wehrmacht" is simply a decal placed on a "civil box".

By the way, don't pay attention to the partly empty background, that is all going through heavy WIP stages.

If you see on the far right, there is a notice board. Yes, it is another texture I created from scratched on my own, in Photoshop, no ripping or stealing in this! I'm proudly to say (even though it's just a small thing), I'm very satisfied how this turned out.

That's all for now, I'm looking forward to your opinions! :)

Last edited:

volcol

Finished 1/3 of the art I got to do with Verdun (great fun!)

Here's their latest trailer

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I made a music video that required cloning myself. Clones are great, they don't have feelings or anything.

It's very non-Traction Wars-y music, for which I apologise.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Last weekend I frantically worked on some noises and tunes for a Ludum Dare game by my friends at Paperbox Studios, a game jam competition in which you make a game in 72 hours. Much fun was had, and such kind words have been said about it.

The game is called Kid Got Lost and it can be played in any WebGL enabled browser or computer by downloading from the games Ludum Dare page. The only requirement is that the computer is Windows and can handle scary ghosts.

kidgotlost.jpg

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I have so much to say, with so much NDA's in my way.
One of the NDA's is even written by yours truly XD

She's finished!

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

I've run a black oil paint wash into the panel lines, did a bit of chipping at the leading edges of the wings and around the access panels for the guns and undercarriage inspection, and drybrushed the gun smoke plumes.

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

The exhaust plumes are done with black MIG pigment.

Also: [MENTION=1505]Pjosip[/MENTION] what are NDA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.