• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenigstiger

To be exact its 7:39 AM, with all that morning fog. ;) As of now, I heavily tweaked the ToD since that last image.

Haha, that shape is actually another butterfly. The tree shading made it look very dark perhaps a flying German Messerschmitt! :)

Something I made a while back

#relevant

ba9309b453068541.jpg

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
The song my group and I wrote, recorded, produced and mixed on our course. I didn't write the lyrics, so don't hurt me. Maybe [MENTION=1737]FleurMadelaine[/MENTION] could sing it to Naga?

[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/the-baby-song]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/the-baby-song[/video]

Roughbeak

We got some stuff!

For something different, I took a photo from real life, and I imported it into CryENGINE.

This is what it looks like from below. :) Not much detail to trees and bushes, but this is only focusing on the terrain.

-----

I created this just for fun, only a test map. This is map is different apart from above one, I was focusing on improving my ToD in this.

-----

More textures! :)

Gravel road texture, I also made this exact one, but with a grass strip/alpha in the middle.
The displacement map might catch your attention, I created it manually in Photoshop with "Adjustments" tabs. I'm satisfied with it because it simulates those rocks coming up from the ground. I tried and tried with Crazybump, but that software did not achieve what I wanted exactly.

Diffuse, Specular, Normal, Height/Displacement - respectively.

Slightly transparent mud build up track textures for leaving a trail on concrete or hard ground. Perhaps, they look a bit too clean, sometime I should modify them.

Last edited:

Roughbeak

Ok, looks like it's me again. I got around to importing some awesome heightmaps from GeoControl 2 to CryENGINE. :D

This was my very first import, a little boring compared to the others below.

I really really love this one..

Some different variation of the same one

Pretty awesome one too, reminds me of the Lord of the Rings mountains.

Look at the tiny Abrams tank!

Last edited:

Strayferret

thats really cool Roughbeak! How detailed can you get them? The smaller the map, more details can be squeezed in into the ground? :) I dont know much about level design, so its fun to learn a bit in that regard :)

Roughbeak

thats really cool Roughbeak! How detailed can you get them? The smaller the map, more details can be squeezed in into the ground? :) I dont know much about level design, so its fun to learn a bit in that regard :)

I'm glad to tell! :) Ok, what you do is open open up Geo Control 2, then select a preset from "presetbrowser" or create your own hills and mountains. For me, I do a little bit of both. Although a video tutorial would do best, I learned from this intelligent person below.

Now all it needs it some skybox and lighting changes. :) To answer your question about the smaller map, I have to honestly say, I haven't really experimented much lately. Yes, it does make sense that you put the more details into the ground by making it smaller.

Roughbeak

Some work-in-progress photos of my upcoming map! This map is going very well in designing, much better planning to this one than previous ones. Hope you like. :)

Here, is where the main battle is going to be fought. The road to the right, there is an "British Base", and to the left a "German Base". This small settlement is going to be a open flag/control point, in addition to, there are two other control points.

Roughbeak

Is it just going to be empty like that or are we talking a fuel maybe munitions cache they're fighting over? :D

Hehe, it's just a small settlement there, but the two sides just happened to clash at the same point. ;) To the left a bit, you can see there is unfinished parts there, that is where the German base is going to be.

This map was kind of based on this one, a FH1 map. Probably my favorite. :)

Forgotten Hope - Maps

Last edited:

Feldmeijer

They are obviously fighting for the settlement itself, they most likely were not able to watch proper television for days!

Roughbeak

Hello, something a bit different as always! :)

A neat, sharp looking, and an absolute show stopping cobble texture was in mind for a very long time now. Before, I used the software called Crazybump, sadly, I left it. Just for the sake that it wasn't producing what I needed, and I moved to a neat software called "Knald". Knald is just precision upon precision, very reliable. I'm loving it right now, to be honest.

As you can see, the heightmap looks very cool, perhaps some black pixels in there, but hey, in real life cobble height wasn't perfect. Remember, white pixels produce height, grey or black ones stay reclining. Ok, let's get down to business.

Here, I just used the "stonebridge_something_something", and added a different material to the "road" sub material, in this case, my new cobble one. Some nice parallax going on there I see, hehe. ;)

By the way, this is a short clip of what my upcoming map is going to be like. This is close to where the "Sawmill" flag is going to be. Stay tuned!

Right, time to go back to the very beginning of this thread.

DSCN0176.jpg

This is the 1/48th scale Heinkel He 219 A-5 I've been working on for some time now. A lot of that time went into the paintjob. It's still heavily WIP, though. All the little things such as the antennae and the undercarriage doors are being left out until last, after the weathering.

(P.S.: Sorry for the svastika, in case it would offend somebody.)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
[video=soundcloud;callumbigden/crash-on-planet-felis-radio-drama]https://soundcloud.com/callumbigden/crash-on-planet-felis-radio-drama[/video]

This is a radio drama I made for university, utilising recording and sound designing techniques to tell a story through audio. It's about a crashing spaceship, which is quite abstract at times, and best to listen through headphones, but I think the payoff at the end is worth it ;)

It also stars Traction Wars' own @ScheifferB as a disgruntled Scottish spaceship pilot!

( [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] helped with the title as well. It's important I mention that or he will hurt me.)

That's awesome. I really like the last bit. I've got an image in my mind of Scotty standing in a cave with an incredibly surprised look on his face.

Hats off to [MENTION=1048]ScheifferB[/MENTION] for the voice acting.

siben

[MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION] Great looking model, I love it. I wish i had the patience and skill for it.

@th_battleaxe Great looking model, I love it. I wish i had the patience and skill for it.

Airplane models generally don't require a whole lot of patience, only the cockpit can be a bit finnicky. Tanks and armoured vehicles, however, can be a right pain in the neck. Especially with single-link tracks.

Roughbeak

Really great airplane model [MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION]. :)

-----

I made this a few months ago in 3ds Max, a medieval battlement and cannon. Hope you like. :)

I made this cannon a few weeks ago. No texture, I'm afraid.

Complete with the cannons. :)

Sir Apple

I forgot about the bearcat I started some weeks ago. I think I'll start on it again as its a relaxing project for me. I opened up the early WIP from a few weeks ago and put it into Unreal 4, for giggles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.