• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What have you made recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Franky_

Started this last wednesday. Kept me real busy, and was actually supposed to be a test for my students. My obsessive/compulsive/(artistic?) behavior is hard to control sometimes. So that's what prevents me from not only performing more of my TW duties but also delays me correcting assignments. :p #snowballing #itsnotdoneyet

Last edited:

Sir Apple

Nice franky :) Needs more grunge to break it up though!

I wish I could post something I'm working on. Everytime I start a personal project I end up wanting to put it in TW, meaning I can no longer show it around. *Artist problemzz*

_Franky_

I started literally from nothing last Wednesday and I am putting together a more elaborate material and decal library in UDK at the same time (after I recently made a solid master material to instance from). So yeah I have a lot more I want to do with this for materials and turn it into a nice portfolio piece. :)

Also, I am enjoying not having an NDA other than TW :p So I could actually post some shots of that nude female torso I am modeling...

Sir Apple

True that.

I can probably show some of my industry work as the company I work for does show some media and video updates (when there's time), so perhaps next time the environment artists get to show off, I can post some stuff... :p

Roughbeak

I'm so compulsive at mapping that there is really nothing that stops me from doing a 5 hour work on it. :p

....Whoops I did it again, showing a little preview of the Normandy map. :laugh:

_Franky_

Here is what I have been up to since posting last week.

Need to get this finished asap, have a bunch of things left to do and tweak.

Last edited:

sHaKeNbAkE

Okay so I figured it was time I started learning about CryEngine 3 just in case there may be future opportunities to upload maps for some future WW2 releases (hint hint :) I have experience with UDK/SDK (RO2) but never touched the CryEngine. So I cracked it open and after about an hour and a half I threw together a little map (just for practice and learning). So the SHAKE & CryEngine 3 journey has begun!

[video=youtube_share;xTJd_nvvm_g]http://youtu.be/xTJd_nvvm_g[/video]

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
You got a good atmosphere going there, [MENTION=1254]sHaKeNbAkE[/MENTION]!

Maniche

_Franky_

Nope, it's not enterable. I made it based on an old art test from last year that Splash Damage were handing out.

volcol

Playing with the new marmoset toolbag, For University! (not TW so don't ask!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.