• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What Tank Do you Like (World War II version).

Pick your fav Tank!

• M4 Sherman

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Churchill

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Panzer III Ausf. D

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Tiger I

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up. It was indeed a major problem for the Germans, and it was made even bigger, in a sense, by using captured tanks as a stopgap. That did bolster the Panzerdivisionen, but once they ran out of spare parts, they were essentially junk.

Alex

As much as I love the Tiger I, I have to say it will be the Sherman. There's something special about it.
Have to like the 105mm on HVSS chassis.

VonMudra

The T-34 is superior to the panzer.
*runs

Depends what T-34 and Panzer you're talking about.

Panzer 1, 2, 3, and most early IV's? Yes of course.

Panzer IV G, H, J? About equal. Panzer IV had better gun, but T-34 was smaller with probably better all round protection. However, the Panzer IV by then could knock out the T-34 with the same ease it could do the Sherman, so the better all round protection wasn't that important, whereas the Panzer IV could reliably deflect T-34 rounds to the front hull. Now the T-34-85 equaled out the gun, but the 85mm was still less accurate.

Panzer V? Absolutely not. Panther was just as fast with better armour, gun, and crew comfort than both T-34 and T-34-85.

Panzer VI? Superior driving sure, but still less armour (even with it's slope), and of course worse gun and far less crew comfort (which is rather important). Only thing the T_34 had going for it weapon wise was it could penetrate front, as the T-34-85 type, at ranges less than 500 yards, but even then it had to be an essentially flat on shot, something rather hard to pull off, but still enough of a danger that Otto Carius mentioned this in his memoirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.