• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What's the most terrible World War II movie you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Personally, I think Company of Heroes and Red Tails so far, and a few other Russian WWII movies where you have one "Super-Soviet" killing an entire Wehrmacht Division, and blowing up 20 Panzers. :laugh:

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I've got to say Battle of the Bulge (1964) for it's wonderfully accurate tank selection

VonMudra

In terms of historical accuracy? SPR, Band of Brothers, Enemy at the Gates, Battle of the Bulge, Patton, etc etc etc....

VonMudra

I've personally met actual 101 Airborne vets, including ones from East Company, who despised Band of Brothers.

Feldmeijer

The story itself was good, but the main thing that irritated me was that it's a low budget movie.

*EDIT
I was talking about the 1979 version of course.

Last edited:

VonMudra

The story itself was good, but the main thing that irritated me was that it's a low budget movie.

*EDIT
I was talking about the 1979 version of course.

1979 version sucked. The original movie was, of course, fabulous, not the least for which most of the actors and extras were actual vets OF WW1.

drummer93

I've personally met actual 101 Airborne vets, including ones from East Company, who despised Band of Brothers.

Yes? but why? I know that is not historically correct, but the production, the characters and the story are very good. I like it a lot. I want to know why he think that, tell me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.