• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What's the most terrible World War II movie you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Agree, imo it is not a WWII movie but action film set in WWII scene.

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Exactly, this man gets it. And more specifically, Inglourious Basterds is a Spaghetti Western with a WW2 jacket. I pity the fool that can not appreciate this stunning piece of cinematics.

Crackonosh

But I think they don't have to. You don't have to carry the blame of your ancestress. If so, we should all apologize for the atrocities of our countries, but it doesn't have sense to me.
No, not really. I see it about the same as debts. If a person with debts dies, they go to their descendants. If ancestors haven't apologized, someone should.

Aniallator

@drummer93, @FlyingR all true, but sadly, ignorance goes on. I suppose it's up to the individual. IIRC a few years ago there were Japanese government officials publicly denying that the Rape of Nanking every happened.

Imagine an Earth where everyone was a good human being...

drummer93

No, not really. I see it about the same as debts. If a person with debts dies, they go to their descendants. If ancestors haven't apologized, someone should.

but this is not about money. Money works at the same way every time, not the apologies. It is not the same if the guilty not apologizes, it lost all the sense. Their ancestor are just their ancestors. The way to take is put aside differences and work together. Which is the fault of someone who didn't exist when those things happened?

Aniallator

To put things into perspective, Shinzo Abe's neoconservative government is like a five year old who doesn't want to admit that his friend broke the window.

drummer93

To put things into perspective, Shinzo Abe's neoconservative government is like a five year old who doesn't want to admit that his friend broke the window.

I understand your point, but I think that is about the other problem we are talking. They are denying their own history and disrespecting the Chinese people. Yes, they have to apologize for do that

Crackonosh

but this is not about money. Money works at the same way every time, not the apologies. It is not the same if the guilty not apologizes, it lost all the sense. Their ancestor are just their ancestors. The way to take is put aside differences and work together. Which is the fault of someone who didn't exist when those things happened?

This of course isn't about money, it's simply an example. But it does work like this. Why should someone pay debts of ancestors? Becouse world needs it back. Why someone apologize for their ancestors? Becouse victims need it. This is simply how world goes.

drummer93

This of course isn't about money, it's simply an example. But it does work like this. Why should someone pay debts of ancestors? Becouse world needs it back. Why someone apologize for their ancestors? Becouse victims need it. This is simply how world goes.

apologize is an act of repentance. No one can repent of something that did not. There are other ways to fraternize. That way makes no sense, and it is stigmatizing. No German should feel the guilt of having Nazis ancestors. They have to reject their acts, and that is enough

Crackonosh

apologize is an act of repentance. No one can repent of something that did not. There are other ways to fraternize. That way makes no sense, and it is stigmatizing. No German should feel the guilt of having Nazis ancestors. They have to reject their acts, and that is enough
This isn't solely about apologizing, big part in this act is that they are aware of what their ancestors did and are goin' to prevent it in future.

Aniallator

I think Germany, or Japan, or whoever would have to apologize as a country, but not as a people. Of course Japan needs to apologize for the atrocities they committed during the war, but the Japanese people don't have anything they have to apologize for.

Zainab

Don't know about terrible but , I really liked the movie named "Saving Private Ryan" something like that . Watched that ages ago :)

GonkiWonki3000

The most terrible WWII movie I've ever seen? It was a horrible low budget thing called Brothers War. It has a rating of 2,7 on imdb I think. But it was actually so bad it's good. It really was hilarious!

Aniallator

The most terrible WWII movie I've ever seen? It was a horrible low budget thing called Brothers War. It has a rating of 2,7 on imdb I think. But it was actually so bad it's good. It really was hilarious!

I had a similar experience with the Company of Heroes movie... was rooting for the Germans by the end of it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.