This week we bring the fifth quality of life update to the game since launch. As we discussed in our feature roadmap article we have been focused on short term bug fixes and responding to feedback over the last few weeks.
We are nearing completion of the short-term features on the roadmap and so will be switching to a longer patch cycle after the release of 0.5.6 next week. The following update, 0.5.7 is expected 3-4 weeks later which will include some new features which require more exhaustive testing than a single week allows.
We are also at work on 0.6.0 behind the scenes but we will talk more about what that brings in the future.
Version 0.5.5 Change Log
Thank you to everyone who has provided us with constructive feedback. We read all of it even if we don’t respond to all of it. If you have a crash and get prompted to submit a crash report – please submit it so we are notified and we can look into the cause.
- Graphical glitches and missing weapons when joining the game for the first time
- Decals can be stubborn and cause texture glitches
- Very rarely a player be stuck in spectator mode while in pre-game. You can workaround this issue by opening console using ` and typing [i]kill[/i] into the console and hitting enter. Close the console using
Key Changes / Highlights:
- Audio Options
- Toggle option for leaning
- HUD improvements
- Add volume sliders to settings menu
- Added option in control options to lean by toggle rather than press-and-hold
- Reduced delay before the first last stand player spawns from 20s to 6s
- Fixed players being able to fly while waiting for other players
- Fixed orbit camera in spectator for players joining mid-game
- Fixed spawning bug in pregame team deathmatch
- Added HUD icon if there is no NCO on the team
- Added description to spectator view to explain when you can spawn
- Fixed issue where entire team dead events weren’t triggering if the last player alive on a team disconnected from the server
- Added warning to objective capture UI element that you cannot stop once capture is started
- Fixed missing localisation strings
- Fixed missing player markers on some team mates
- Added g_languageOveride cvar for translation debugging (must be set in system.cfg)
- Merville Battery
- Relocated objective B on phase 1
- Fixed some missing objects around phase 3