• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions: Ask the Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

how many traction wars devs/contributors are/were fh and fh2 devs/contributors?

Fuchs and Von Mudra are FH2 beta-testers. Chad509, our animator, does animation work for FH2. Rvtl is a level designer for FH2 as well.

sHaKeNbAkE

Do you foresee us having the option to upload custom maps made on the CE3 as long as they meet any requirements you may put out? Similar to what we see with Red Orchestra 2, FH2, PR...etc.

Thank you.

Would we be able to download custom maps just by joining a server? See Source games, Red Orchestra, or the missions in Arma.

Second question: Can we get an idea of what the player limit would likely be? Or will you not have one?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I must confess I've come close to posting answers to questions in this thread a couple of times before remembering - generally about halfway through the third sentence.

Viking

Salute from Viking!

I`m 37. Coming from Norway.

Been around CRS game: WWIIOnline: Battleground Europe communety for 5-6 years.
Been in "505th Panzer Brigade" squad playing Axis only. Keeping to one side..

And had to look this way for a minute her ;)
Looking interesting this game..

Anyone know WWIIOnline Battleground Europe..?

How will this be comapared to that.?

This looks pretty damn good, thats for sure.
And will follow it with intrest.

Will both side fighting be players. And no AI.?

I havent seen all movies yet. So askig before i check :p LOL
Will check out more movies. U done review Shake.? I just subed on your YT page;)

Anyway..
Viking checking in. Salute.

Last edited:

volcol

Salute from Viking!

I`m 37. Coming from Norway.

Been around CRS game: WWIIOnline: Battleground Europe communety for 5-6 years.
Been in "505th Panzer Brigade" squad playing Axis only. Keeping to one side..

And had to look this way for a minute her ;)
Looking interesting this game..

Anyone know WWIIOnline Battleground Europe..?

How will this be comapared to that.?

This looks pretty damn good, thats for sure.
And will follow it with intrest.

Will both side fighting be players. And no AI.?

I havent seen all movies yet. So askig before i check :p LOL
Will check out more movies. U done review Shake.? I just subed on your YT page;)

Anyway..
Viking checking in. Salute.

Volcol here :) I have been playing BE since 2006... Spent most of it playing axis but currently playing allied. I'm currently lead artist for planet (CRS) ive been working with them sincs 2010 and thourghly enjoy it.

So far as features and mechanics that are similar, there won't be very many. I guess we might be more closely compared to RO2 FH2.

sHaKeNbAkE

Can you give us an idea on when some of the questions may be answered? I really am excited about the potential of this game but it seems like there a fun/great threads about off game topics/subjects but not much response/info on the actual game? Please don't take this as an insult or an attempt at being pushy but would be nice to start hearing more about the actual game.

Cheers & best of luck from ShakesPub.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Fair point Shake - we've gone off the original topic which was gathering questions for articles

We're preparing a new article using some of the questions from this thread so you shouldn't have much longer to wait :)

Sound is a very big part of any game, will you guys be updating the sound? like gun shots and such? also environment effect like shooting indoors compared to outdoors? also distant gunshots and shots directed towards you? Adding things like this really affects immersion for players and adds to the realism. xD

Sir Apple

Yes the sound is constantly, and consistently developing - the effects you've seen and heard in our videos are not the final product :)

Distant gunshots, bullet cracks and etc. will be implemented.

Alberich

I must say that - despite having tried numerous games of all genres - Forgotten Hope 2 is my all time favourite and I´m despreately looking for a worthy replacement- obviously especially graphics-wise.
My question: What (parts of) games are you basing TW on? How far are you taking realism in TW?
Greetings & keep up that promising work...

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I must say that - despite having tried numerous games of all genres - Forgotten Hope 2 is my all time favourite and I´m despreately looking for a worthy replacement- obviously especially graphics-wise.
My question: What (parts of) games are you basing TW on? How far are you taking realism in TW?
Greetings & keep up that promising work...

Thanks for the question [MENTION=1477]Alberich[/MENTION]. I've added it to our list for future Q&A.

Greetings form indonesia.

Hey dev,
Will there armour penetrating?
example Panzer IV front armour is 80mm, and enemy gun can only penetrate 60mm in 500m.
will the enemy gun penetrate the front of Panzer IV armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.