• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions: Ask the Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

Yes, armour penetration will be represented realistically. If it can't penetrate IRL, it won't ingame. That said, we may make allowances eventually for randomization for German steel brittleness. By 1944, German steel quality had eroded heavily, and it was not uncommon for even Panther and Tiger armour to be brittle to the point of worthlessness, simply snapping rather than absorbing a blow.

Here's a good example as such, showing the kind of catastrophic failure the brittle steel could create.

Alex

Yes, armour penetration will be represented realistically. That said, we may make allowances eventually for randomization for German steel brittleness.
Can already hear the cries from the German fanboys

Last edited:

thens

Heyho,

not entirely sure if this has been asked before, but let's give it a shot regardless:

How is TW going to handle 'zoom'? Will be there "IS-zoom" and/or additional zoom (comparable to Arma or RO2)?

VonMudra

Scoped weapons/binocs will have zoom per the power of the scope. Otherwise, no. You don't zoom your vision in real life, do you? The most might be a light move forward of the camera simply to give a better feeling to the player of moving into iron sights, but nothing significant/game changing.

thens

Scoped weapons/binocs will have zoom per the power of the scope. Otherwise, no. You don't zoom your vision in real life, do you? The most might be a light move forward of the camera simply to give a better feeling to the player of moving into iron sights, but nothing significant/game changing.

Well, I'm very happy to hear that and that you share my opinion on this topic. This makes the game even more interesting and thanks for the quick answer.

Koenigstiger

Heyho,

not entirely sure if this has been asked before, but let's give it a shot regardless:

How is TW going to handle 'zoom'? Will be there "IS-zoom" and/or additional zoom (comparable to Arma or RO2)?

Only realism mode has the zoom and gimmicky levels and perks

If you play classic the weaponry is standard (Rifles get bayonets, no unrealistic add-ons, etc) and you can't level up to a point where supression doesn't effect you, and everyone is equal

I assume that's what they're going to do with TW as well.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Provisional system requirements are here

As for size it's hard to say until the game is complete. The SDK and a few sample assets is approximately 2GB so you can expect it to be a few GBs. We'll do our best to keep the file size sensible and won't for example leave all the sounds uncompressed like some recent games I could mention.

Koenigstiger

Provisional system requirements are here

As for size it's hard to say until the game is complete. The SDK and a few sample assets is approximately 2GB so you can expect it to be a few GBs. We'll do our best to keep the file size sensible and won't for example leave all the sounds uncompressed like some recent games I could mention.

Wow how rude, what if I enjoy those 40gb+ downloads? :D

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I have more than 430 GB of **** hidden somewhere on my server.
Perhaps you could compress that and pack it with "limited editon" of the game XD

Ok I have a couple questions,

First, considering this is a spiritual successor to FH2 (in a way, right?), will this have the same gameplay as FH2/BF1942 where there are flags and tickets?

Second, will it be played like traditional Battlefield games where most flags can be captured at any moment, or will it follow a linear capture mode similar to RO2, where one point unlocks another?

Thanks

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
First, considering this is a spiritual successor to FH2 (in a way, right?), will this have the same gameplay as FH2/BF1942 where there are flags and tickets?

I haven't heard us called that before but it is true that most of us have spent a great deal of time playing FH/FH2 and one or two have worked on FH. A conquest-esk gamemode with flags & tickets will be making an appearance in TWs.

Second, will it be played like traditional Battlefield games where most flags can be captured at any moment, or will it follow a linear capture mode similar to RO2, where one point unlocks another?

That entirely depends on the mission and the historical events, some battles were linear others were more flexible you'll always have the opporunity to make choices though. We don't believe in boxing players into a single route which both teams fight up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.