• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Games to play before TWs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brothers In Arms, Earned in Blood is a good demonstration of how a game should do team tactics, holding a weapon in the aim and missing if you panic, and suppression.
BiA EIB is also a good demonstration of how a game can go badly wrong: pseudo random events (getting shot in certain locations), unfairly killing a player (when the game thinks suppression of the enemy is insufficient); bad voice acting (a dev team member did Red's voice); glaring AI errors (your men run in front of cover).

Killen

Brothers In Arms, Earned in Blood is a good demonstration of how a game should do team tactics, holding a weapon in the aim and missing if you panic, and suppression.
BiA EIB is also a good demonstration of how a game can go badly wrong: pseudo random events (getting shot in certain locations), unfairly killing a player (when the game thinks suppression of the enemy is insufficient); bad voice acting (a dev team member did Red's voice); glaring AI errors (your men run in front of cover).

I think that those cons (bad points, how do you say that) can be easily ignored thanks to the story. I really like the "adventure" regarding Baker squad and his comrades. It is full of gore too. I think the bests are RTH 30 and EiB, HH is good too, but i did not appreciate it totally because of it's setting. I hated a bit the last missions, they were CQB like; countryside was the best location!
Correct me if i am wrong :)!

Roughbeak

[MENTION=2685]Francesco Boato[/MENTION]

What did you mean by FH2 doesn't have weapon sway? There is a fair amount already.

Killen

@Francesco Boato

What did you mean by FH2 doesn't have weapon sway? There is a fair amount already.
[MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] I think i was referring about the fact that in FH2 the weapon does not sway like both Red Orchestra and Arma. It is called free-aim (if you search "free-aim ro2" in youtube, you find what i am talking about). The Refractor Engine lacks about this.

Yea, probably, some posts ago, i was talking about that. :)

Hope you understood my speech !

Status
Not open for further replies.