• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Games to play before TWs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Haha... anyway.

@William your PM box is full again, and I found out a good mod for BF2 (WW2) Battlegroup Frontlines 1.5. Very fun and realistic.

Although it only has Russians vs Germans.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
/Thread renamed. More descriptive thread titles would be nice [MENTION=1316]William[/MENTION] ;)

Downloading One Nation, this looks pretty interesting. Could do with some more seeders though!

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Prophunt, Death Run, and Terrorist Town on Gmod!

You need Source though, but it's such a good addon/mod, with countless of fun gamemodes, and the above is my favorites!

Maniche

If you people have Arma 2, Invasion 1944 is also a nice mod. It adds weapon resting and small deployable defenses, among things.

ScheifferB

I'm a bit of a fan boy of indie zombie games at the moment. 7 Days To Die and Dead Linger. You can also catch me on Persistent Frontier mod (Mount & Blade Napoleonic)

Vintorez

...Operation Flashpoint, Liberation 1941-1945 (mod for OFP), Arma2/OA, Invasion-1944 (mod for Arma2), Iron Front Liberation 1944...

Vintorez

Operation Flashpoint was developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio. Game was released on PC in 2001. Here is a link to the forum Bohemia Interactive. Bohemia Interactive Forums On this page you can find out everything about OFP/Arma games. OFP concentrates mostly on single player aspect of the game, although there is a multiplayer mode available. The OFP has game editor where you can do everything, and that's why I love the whole OFP/Arma series. OFP and Arma have a huge amount of addons/mods.

Swaffy

Hmm. I have a very nice Free To Play game if any of you are interested. It's called War Thunder. For now, it is only Aviation (air combat) but ground forces will soon be released and then will be naval combat.

The game is beautiful.

Here's one of my videos just to give you a little bite of what the gameplay is like and how FUN it is to squad up with friends:

Last edited:

Sir Apple

Yeah War Thunder is good fun, I'm level 9 in the USAF :) It got a bit redundant though so I'm currently waiting for the playable ground units (which look epic and deliciously good)

Status
Not open for further replies.