• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

manual bolting

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

Hi guys.

I want to ask , we will have the posibility to bolt the rifle manually like in RnL? or will be only automatic? I think that if you implement it in a correct way could be great.

If you not implement it, we could use the bayonet in middle of bolting animation? I mean, interrupting it. In RnL, using the K98 you have to wait the bolting animation and you can't use the bayonet, and that time is decisive :/

B.Kavanagh

I don't think it would be necessary, I think if you ask any soldier (Even today) they will tell you, reloading your bolt is pretty much an involuntary action.

drummer93

I don't think it would be necessary, I think if you ask any soldier (Even today) they will tell you, reloading your bolt is pretty much an involuntary action.

makes difference in RnL and Red Orchestra, believe me. This is not real life, there are some things that you can't control. In close quarter combat is essential

B.Kavanagh

makes difference in RnL and Red Orchestra, believe me. This is not real life, there are some things that you can't control. In close quarter combat is essential
Guess so, but if it was to be implemented I like i'm guessing many would only like it to be a optional feature.

mmiedzianyy

Right. Shot the weapon, left mouse click and the bolting begins.
I use it in RO - very useful especially when it comes to long range firing.

Aniallator

I use manual bolting in all games that allow it, as it's immensely useful in CQC. IMO, manual bolting is a necessary feature for TW! I brought it up ages ago, and Naga said it's doable, so I imagine we'll see it :) I can't imagine not having manual bolting in TW, or manual reloading, for that matter; manual reloading is just as necessary.

drummer93

I use manual bolting in all games that allow it, as it's immensely useful in CQC. IMO, manual bolting is a necessary feature for TW! I brought it up ages ago, and Naga said it's doable, so I imagine we'll see it :) I can't imagine not having manual bolting in TW, or manual reloading, for that matter; manual reloading is just as necessary.

Great. Well I suppose that I can take your response as an oficial response :). Manual bolting rules!!!

Aniallator

Great. Well I suppose that I can take your response as an oficial response :). Manual bolting rules!!!

Yes! And I found the posts I was talking about, they're on http://www.tractionwars.com/suggestions/2600-realistic-suggestions-20.html

I'd like to see an option to disable/enable manual bolting. They implemented this in Verdun, and it's been great. I often find myself pausing to bolt the weapon so I can see where the shot lands. There's no disadvantage in implementing manual bolting, so long as it can be disabled/enabled. I suppose you could call it unrealistic because bolting the weapon is something of a reflex, but at the same time, manual bolting would, in fact, be more realistic. And fun. I can't imagine it'd be that hard to implement, either.

We won't force players into manual bolting for the reasons already discussed but we can certainly look at giving players the option to enable it - it seems a fair number of you guys want it after all ;)

Mars

Pathfinder Games
We have to be very careful with feature creep, something like this is low priority.

Edit: And we haven't officially announced it will be in the game.

Aniallator

We have to be very careful with feature creep, something like this is low priority.

Edit: And we haven't officially announced it will be in the game.

That's true, of course. Sorry, we're just very optimistic xD I have no idea what implementing manual bolting entails, if it's a more difficult or less difficult thing to do. I just hope it, and manual reloading, make it into TW eventually.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Haha, I know what you mean. I use the feature in RO2 and RS, it's a nice little immersive feature which gives more interactivity to the player, which I'm a big fan of - makes the world just a little more believable. But CRYENGINE's weapon and animation system is a beast like none other....

Status
Not open for further replies.