• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Map Ideas Thread

Scharfe

Tilly-sur-Seulles, a small town on the outskirts of Caen. This was once a sight of mine for a future project on another mod DH, but with a future update I cancelled production. Tilly was a small town where various Panzer Lehr Regiments (commanded by Major Uthe) fought the 49th and 50th British Infantry Regiments along with the British 7th Armored Division. (Lead by the 2nd Army General Dempsey) This was a strategic vantage point on the left flanks of Caen and proved to be the demise of the PZLR heading to their staging area and during the defensive campaign. The town itself today remains relatively unchanged during my research and with a proper satellite image you can see the differences with old and modern houses built afterwards. the Existing roads, churches, fields that run through and around it can be detailed with extra help from existing staging area maps. Not to mention that like many of allied beachhead assaults this town comparable to Caen was torn apart by naval fire. Just wanted to put my input this has to be the most interesting battle with the Panzer Lehr and cooperation with the 12SS. Thank You

Scharfe

Sorry I just realized someone already posted a Tilly map suggestion, woops :D

Last edited:

Moloc

You propose only scenarios in Normandy at the moment?
To know if I can propose scenarios near me in the northeast of France.

Aniallator

You propose only scenarios in Normandy at the moment?
To know if I can propose scenarios near me in the northeast of France.

Chapter One of TW is set in Normandy, and thus many map suggestions are as well, but feel free to throw out suggestions for other theaters too!

[1CH] John

I'd like to see a training map in TW, for units to use for their own free will (Unless there will be some way to create your own map for the game)

Aniallator

Any chance we can have the firing range map seen in the weapon demos, as somewhere we can practice TW's arsenal? For example, grenade launchers and light mortars are something I'm going to want to practice with before I use them in multiplayer.

[1CH] John

Any chance we can have the firing range map seen in the weapon demos, as somewhere we can practice TW's arsenal? For example, grenade launchers and light mortars are something I'm going to want to practice with before I use them in multiplayer.

This would be a great idea. We would have the chance to practice using the weapons before going into combat with them.

Aniallator

This would be a great idea. We would have the chance to practice using the weapons before going into combat with them.

Indeed! Personally, I can't wait to use the light mortars (2-inch Mk. II and whatever the Germans get), but they're an example of a weapon you really need to practice with to use it effectively. Plus, the firing range map would allow players to just try out new weapons :) That way, they won't be trying out new weapons in multiplayer.

FlyingR

If they put the shooting range for offline practice, would there be some kind of tutorial or just read the manual?

bart0186

Fight your way to Caen.
[h=1]Sainte-Mère-Église with the storry of John Steele. 82nd airborne.[/h]
Training days in England, get some milk with a jeep and bike by local Farmers..

FlyingR

I would like to see Japanese vs US in Alaska for a change :p or as I mentioned before a very well done Pacific Island battle, fighting in dense jungle.

Aniallator

I would like to see Japanese vs US in Alaska for a change :p or as I mentioned before a very well done Pacific Island battle, fighting in dense jungle.

Agreed, PTO would be epic :) The Pacific gets no love in WW2 gaming. I'd kill to see the Japanese implemented so they actually have some f*cking tanks.

The Pacific theatre of war would be good but if you are going to implemented it then there would need to get alot of player in a match. though with the use of cry it will look nice...
Nothing like a banzi charge in rising storm

Really any of the 1940 engagements in France and the low countries for me, that area of WW2 is almost untouched in gaming.

YES PLEASE. Perhaps more specifically, the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler Regiment and their skirmishes at Watten and Wormhoudt ?? (Pre-Dunkirk BEF retreat) xDxDxD