• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Most anticipated game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
For 4 years there have been multiple hints at it, maybe it is something completely different then we might think.

FH2 Hi

Half-Life 3 is supposed to be released 2011, they had an article on it in game informer a few issues back

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Re: Most antisipated game

Well thank you, Scorpion!
It's always nice to receive positive feedback and hear that the Community is looking forward to our first release.

Maniche

Re: Most antisipated game

Hello Maniche
And yes, we are exactly 3-knit clans (approximately 15 people) who are monitoring your news and we have our server to host your mod close
then let us salivate even gentlemen of your news but not too long we all look forward to install.
ps: Congratulations to the team for the work already done, that's great.
-----------------------------
Bonjour Maniche,
Et oui, nous exactement 3 clans très unis (50 personnes approximativement) qui suivons de près vos news et nous avons dèjà notre serveur près à accueillir votre mod
alors messieurs faites nous saliver encore de vos news mais pas trop longtemps nous avons tous hâte de l'installer.
ps : bravo à toute l'équipe pour le travail déjà accompli, c'est superbe.

Last edited:

kuri

Vanguard Backer
I'm really looking forward to playing Traction Wars as well, i have a feeling that a WW2 mod on Cryengine 2 would be simply stunning.
(Can't wait to get out of those Nanosuits, heh :) )

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
It's nice to hear such warm things about our mod, kuri!
Thank you.

Maniche

Maemphn

i ´ m sorry to digg out all your old posts - but i am new & and it looks very comfortable in here so i take a seat, some cookies and a tea... ;)

whats hot - what not in 2012 ?
like topic most anticipated game 2012 ?

or did anyone a wrong buy and wants to warn about interesting boxes they sell in stores?

my first experiences of arma II ( and its ext. ) showed a true alternative to the old moddable bf2 ( and its mods ) i play / played many years - but because of lack of time i didnt manage to digg deeper in epic multiplayer battles

-->therefore is my most anticipated game in 2012 ARMA III

crysis 2 was a real flash ( i bought it years after the release) but was stunning and in my opinion because of the open Cry engine a true competitor to the bf3 frostbite engine ( didnt got on multiplayer because of lack of time too)

to be honest i only bought crysis wars especially for your mod , after that, i read about your switching to the cry³engine - here is also a lack of time the problem never played cw or tractionswars ( is there a playable version released) * if so shame on me to ask that silly question

maybe my warning of 2012 is probably iron front1944- surprised to see they sell a ww2 modifification of arma engine , i trapped in a "unplayable till they release/ or invent a patch"- trap - summary: +1 for the russian theatre but -10 because of epic fail
, and i really tryed the multiplayer but somehow no real gameplay exsisted and i felt like i am in a beta developer sandbox - any of you made better experiences with iron front?

my background: as i posted in the "hi i´m new thread" i am a waw fh2 tournament addict , i like the dynamic campaign thing, teamplay, light roleplaying aspects mixed with a egoshooter and tactical & strategic operations - any recommendation for me?

and of course i really anticipate to have a look on your work and the possiblities you squeezed out of cry³

Last edited:

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Heroes and generals is a nice alternative. Its still vert betá, but is fun. It has a multiplayer campaign map. All realtime. And a action part. Where you fight in 1p. Its has nice dynamics.

Where im waiting for is the medal of honor. The last one had a great singelpayer. Not so fan of the mp made by Dice. But i hope they keep the same feeling in sp. Otherwise its the same as bf3. Moh uses frostbite

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I rarely complain about necromancy on threads as I'm the worst culprit of them all! :p

I must admit I never got into ARMAII but I didn't know anyone else with it at the time so couldn't ask the usual noob questions ;) Have you tried ARMA:pR? (project reality) - Project Reality: Realistic Gaming Redefined I'll have to check out ARMAIII when it arrives and try to get in early if PR does move as our always struggled to get back into it after a few patches.

I tend to spend all my "serious" gaming time on TWs these days so you probably know more than I do about what's hot :p

We never released any version for Crysis Wars purely because it wasn't ready for the public and we didn't want an unfinished and unsupported version to be how people judged us. The standalone version is much better :p

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Grand Theft Auto 5 <3

(I know, how unimaginative. But I'm a sucker for Rockstar games, especially ones that don't have the coffee-filter effect!)

brrr

TW Developer
Rome 2 is now my most anticipated game, even non rts lovers cant help but be amazed by these screens :p

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
OFG OFGM FOGM FGOMFG OFGM bloody hell!

Have played all the total wars since shogun 1 :). Must say, its the same game in with a different theme. But it works. :)

It would be interesting if they made a WW2 total war. But that has some big design issues. But would be epic if they managed to make a ww2 total war

brrr

TW Developer
OFG OFGM FOGM FGOMFG OFGM bloody hell!

Have played all the total wars since shogun 1 :). Must say, its the same game in with a different theme. But it works. :)

It would be interesting if they made a WW2 total war. But that has some big design issues. But would be epic if they managed to make a ww2 total war
Indeed I've always wanted a ww2 total war, I think the campaign map stuff would transfer very well to the ww2 theme but they would as you say need to completely overhaul the player controlled battle things - almost to the extent that it would become debatable whether it would still be a 'total war game' or not :p.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Yup, the campaign could work well. That the easiest part. Not to mention how artillary and squadrons would work. Air combat? And the realtime action battles need very smart units. Units that can use the terrain.Still i think its not impossible. It only needs a lot of time and resources

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
:O TW:Rome2! How did I not know about this! Rome was by far my favourite of the "original" Total War games before they overhauled the engine.

brrr

TW Developer
:O TW:Rome2! How did I not know about this! Rome was by far my favourite of the "original" Total War games before they overhauled the engine.

Wow didn't see this live action trailer until I saw your post! I think I should stop relying on gametrailers for my gaming news, they tend to have a blanket ban on pc games over there :p.

Dont think I've seen such a high quality live action trailer for a PC game before, usually a console thing.

Might be interesting to think that they might be going down the live action route for the in-game assassination/spy and event movies that play on the campaign map maybe! That might be wishful thinking though :p.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I hadn't thought of that! That would certainly add a new twist if they did - much more entertaining than the old "assassination attempt failed. Your agent was captured and executed".

Maemphn

@ hanibalinski:
yes , heroes and generals seems to be a nice alternative and interesting gameplay, i have a alpha (or beta) key and tested it months ago,i have to check them again , how their current progress is....

@ naga:
i tried arma : pr - as far as i remember: it broke my whole arma installation (especially the multiplayer thing only singleplayer was playable then ) had to do a reinstall -
its is/ was also very beta at that time - mainly they ported the com-rose "look and feel", so classic bf2 : pr player feel more familiar with it .... ( not to forget i loaded up only 1x 2 x times and lost interest in it

somehow nothing reaches the classic bf2 pr , which i liked to play often - if i have the choice- i would choose 1-2 rounds chilled pr instead of bf bc or bf 3

well, i am not that up to date - thats why i tried to get some good hints here -

arma II has , as far as i know a few good ww2 mods ( invasion 44 , liberation1941 1944) but didnt tested them...

still a bit angry spending " a lot of money" on ironfront , just to recieve a buggy unplayable game...

Dead space 3 looks good to me but Rome 2 is something i have been looking forward to for a long time. So very understandable that it would be the most anticipated game of today.

Although i would love a medieval 3 total war, the medieval series is by far my favorite out of the total war.

Status
Not open for further replies.