• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

New FH2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Great news Rough!

Out of curiosity... will FH2 ever make it a standalone? It would sure bring its numbers up!

mmiedzianyy

Great update, i really like Russian and Finnish faction!
As [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] said, standalone would help the game.
PR is way more popular now.

Btw, Suomi is a beast! <3

Roughbeak

Re: FH2 Omaha Beach dedication

Hey, this is not exactly an update, but a special video dedicating our Omaha Beach in FH2.

A quote from Ts4EVER (one of our mappers):
Hi!
As some of you might have seen, there recently was a video by the HistoryBuffs channel exploring the historical accuracy of Saving Private Ryan:

History Buffs: Saving Private Ryan - YouTube

I thought it fell a bit short in places so I made another one based on our Omaha Beach map.

Enjoy and please share as well

FlyingR

Very nice video! Well done! Does anybody know if PR´s Omaha is sort of the same? If I'm not mistaken it sort of is.

Aniallator

Very nice video! Well done! Does anybody know if PR´s Omaha is sort of the same? If I'm not mistaken it sort of is.

It's the same sector of Omaha so overall it's pretty similar, but there are differences and it's not as historically accurate as FH2's iteration (unfortunately, as you know PR:WW2 doesn't really focus on historical accuracy). It'd be interesting to now play PR:WW2's Omaha, and look for the differences!

FlyingR

Omaha in PRWII has a Church, but a lot of it is very if not, exactly the same. PRWWII Omaha's is very intense for the Allied.

Aniallator

Omaha in PRWII has a Church, but a lot of it is very if not, exactly the same. PRWWII Omaha's is very intense for the Allied.

Alright, so I just played both maps, and they're surprisingly different in a number of ways; FH2's is a lot better IMO, but I'll let the comparison shots speak for themselves.

Spoiler:

FlyingR

Alright, so I just played both maps, and they're surprisingly different in a number of ways; FH2's is a lot better IMO, but I'll let the comparison shots speak for themselves.

There's a lot more fog in the FH2, even in the video the guy says it's not good. I must admit though, FH2 looks more beautiful!

Aniallator

There's a lot more fog in the FH2, even in the video the guy says it's not good. I must admit though, FH2 looks more beautiful!

Yeah it's the draw distance, though I'm not sure why it's farther in PR, as they're using the same BF2 engine. Imagine, PR could have the graphics of FH2! What I would give for that...

Roughbeak

One of the main issues we ran into was the performance issues, as you can see FH2 is a bit more detailed than PR maps, meaning we have to shorten the draw distances to accompany that.
PR can handle less fog/draw distance, because they have just a little less objects appearing into your screen.

Hope that clears it up. :)

Aniallator

One of the main issues we ran into was the performance issues, as you can see FH2 is a bit more detailed than PR maps, meaning we have to shorten the draw distances to accompany that.
PR can handle less fog/draw distance, because they have just a little less objects appearing into your screen.

Hope that clears it up. :)

How nice it is to have an FH2 dev on this forum xD

Roughbeak

Also I'd like to note that mods such as AIX 2 (Allied Intent Extended) has pretty good view distance with many objects into the scene (IIRC?), but really lagged (and I mean really lagged) in performance.

Roughbeak

I kind of like them all, they have their own uniqueness to them, even the desert maps.

Port en Bessin, Lebisey, Op. Goodwood and Dukla have to be up there, at least IMO. :)

Ts4EVER

Hi! The reason why the render distance on Fh2 Omaha is lower is simply performance: better graphics come at a cost. Note that PR is also generally a lot "heavier" on your PC.

Anyway, I posted a new video yesterday, a little sneak preview of a map I am working on:

Aniallator

Hi! The reason why the render distance on Fh2 Omaha is lower is simply performance: better graphics come at a cost. Note that PR is also generally a lot "heavier" on your PC.

Anyway, I posted a new video yesterday, a little sneak preview of a map I am working on:

Yeah I've noticed that and thought that was interesting, that PR is actually more performance intensive than FH2. But where FH2 doesn't have to, PR needs a large draw distance.

Good looking map as usual, BTW :D

Status
Not open for further replies.