• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #31: A Touch of British Class (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

I would suggest the American Army (above what Ts4EVER said), then Traction Wars might attract more United States gamers. :p

Will you still updates if bugs occurs in your Overlord chapter, or when you wait for the second chapter of the first patch?

I understand that we must be patient, I do not have the talent to help you, but only my knowledge of the second war in my country.

Besides that, even if you think you do the best for your project, but even if you do not seem finished, the first tests identify gaps, fixes and improvements to make to your game, right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ferez vous quand même des mises à jour si des bugs survient dans votre chapitre Overlord, ou alors attendrez-vous le deuxième chapitre pour avoir un correctif sur le premier ??

Je comprend bien que nous devons être patient, je n'ai pas le talent pour vous aidez, mais seulement mes connaissances sur la seconde guerre dans mon pays.

A coté de cela, même si vous pensez faire au mieux pour votre projet, mais même s'il ne vous semble pas finis, des premiers tests détermineront les lacunes, bugs et amélioration à apporter à votre jeu, non?

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
There will always be room for improvements, like bugfixing and balancing, so I reckon we could see some minor patches for OVERLORD; but again, we'll be trying to identify such things before we release so the players could expect a fully functional and polished game on release.

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
We will be patching between chapters to fix any bugs, exploits, glitches etc.. We may also tweak the balancing once the game is "in the wild" but we want to get the balance right before release as far as possible.

The final game will be extensively tested internally - just not in a public beta.

Those are some very beautiful graphics however were there 20 round magazines for M1A1 Thompsons? I thought there were only 30 round ones (please correct me if I'm wrong).

VonMudra

20 round mags were far more common for the British, and even the Americans preferred the 20 round (though the 30 was probably equally common in the American army). Near as I can tell, the 30 round one just looked better in movies and games, and so was used and became the standard in said movies and games. However, historically, the 20 round was more prevalent, especially in the British army. Main advantage was a lot fewer jamming issues than the 30 round mag.

Roughbeak

I agree with Mudra here. Although i have read that the 20 round mags are more popular with troops, because of their size and weight.
The soldiers also like the 20 round mags just because of their ease of use and the troops could move swiftly across towns or plains without a bulky magazine like the 30 round one.

Hey guys Im new, just came by this game via Youtube, WOW this looks amazing, great job to all of you guys working on this. Im looking forward to playing on the german side, but this simply looks stunning.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Superb job, can't wait for more!

I see you guys are talking about featuring genuine squad tactics for different sides, I was wondering how and if you guys are planning to implement the squad size aspect in the game? Obviously, the historical size of 9 men could be a bit inapropriate with only 32 players per team and the need for depiction of larger battles than simple skirmishes...

Personally, I think a decent squad size is important if tactics are going to be used properly. Something like 6-8 players per squad should be pretty standard in games now. If you can get us more players in a match, that would be great!

Troy

If you want to be accurate 9-10 people a section is great then the rest can be occupied with a vehicle or platoon HQ which is perfect for 32 players.

Davies

Vanguard Friend
If you had 9 man sections, you could make a full platoon from 32 people. 3 sections = 27 troops + Platoon Sergeant and Platoon Commander = 29 + 1 Armoured Vehicle = 32 people. Not bad. Although the Comet did have 5 crew members, but whatever.

Kuupperi

I'm not a big fan of the North Africa desert maps. CryEngine3 makes more justice to the Pacific, the Eastern front or more Normandy maps including American aspect. I don't know if the vegetation of the Pacific makes it heavy to run for some computers though. However I'm pleased the devs had started the development with Normandy which I think it was a smart move. Still CryEngine3 seems like a good engine to develop the game further into the future and still it looks stunning and interesting so I don't think it's not up to the time running.

Pascucci

If you had 9 man sections, you could make a full platoon from 32 people. 3 sections = 27 troops + Platoon Sergeant and Platoon Commander = 29 + 1 Armoured Vehicle = 32 people. Not bad. Although the Comet did have 5 crew members, but whatever.

Agreed, although for tanks, three crewmen is all I could see needing, 1 gunner, 1 driver, 1 hull gunner, like RO. 32 players is less than I would like to see, but it's functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.