• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #39: Thompson Weapon Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely something I'd like to see. It can be a tactical decision to take an enemy's weapon so that the your gunfire doesn't sound out of place to the other team :)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
It can be a tactical decision to take an enemy's weapon so that the your gunfire doesn't sound out of place to the other team :)

Interesting idea. Would have to find a balance, like using an enemy weapon would be much less accurate than your own. Can't have no CoD gun swaps goin' on :p

Roughbeak

I think I have made this suggestion, but I'm not too sure it got too far, here is my thought on picking up enemy weapons.

Each weapon has a certain "weight" involved, and you can choose what you can pick out of the kit.
Like a Luger: of course you will go for that first because it is light weight. Whereas the MG42, you will suffer the consequences if you pick it up and your run speed will dramatically drop.

This way you might feel like you got a "prize" in a firefight.

Hope you get the idea. :)

Interesting idea. Would have to find a balance, like using an enemy weapon would be much less accurate than your own. Can't have no CoD gun swaps goin' on
Ah I wouldn't have thought it would make toooo much of an impact on balance. For instance, in RO2 (ignoring that there is a killfeed showing who has been killed and with what gun), if you see your guys being gunned down just after you've heard a friendly gun go off, you generally put two and two together (that or a teamkill), unless you're not attentive. All the more reason to be attentive :D Which brings me to my next point, perhaps it would be beneficial to implement only implement a killfeed that shows teamkills, kinda like in Project Reality.

In regards to the COD gun swaps, I'm sure it wasn't that uncommon to take an enemy's gun (but I'm sure someone who actually knows will chime in), and I'd imagine that you would generally die pretty quickly anyway. Perhaps if you pick up a gun, the only ammunition you get is what is already in the magazine. To get any further ammunition you need to find an enemy supply dumb, or search the body of the soldier (and only that soldier) that you took the weapon from. Kinda like in red orchestra ostfront.

EDIT: Just realised this isn't the suggestions forum :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.