• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #50: Operation Deadstick (Part 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller786

Re: News Update #50: Operation Deadstick (Part 1)

Finally! looking nice as always lads, looking forward to part two

Aniallator

Personally, I'd rather have the gliders where they actually landed... I'm a sucker for "getting it right" :p But hey, who knows. I'm anxious to see what the devs have thought up!

mmiedzianyy

I think it could be done by spawning allies on the ground after the landing in the historicaly accurate places but with 1-2 minute overhaul of the axis respawn. But who want to wait that long..

FlyingR

I think it could be done by spawning allies on the ground after the landing in the historicaly accurate places but with 1-2 minute overhaul of the axis respawn. But who want to wait that long..

Nah I wouldn't want that, but in PR they have to wait 2-3 minutes before they spawn so everybody joins the server, all spawn at the same time and can plan their objectives in advance. I mean, I would prefer to have like 1 minute so that everybody can join in at the same time.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend

I guess it could work for the initial spawn/flag, that way at least the first assault will have the Axis at a disadvantage and properly disorganized. If the Allies get stuck on the first flag though it's gonna end up with lots of spawnkilling...

mmiedzianyy

I predict that cookies will be an internetional currency soon, you'll see.

FlyingR

I predict that cookies will be an internetional currency soon, you'll see.

According to the National Royal Cookie Bank here is the following currency:
Gluten Free Cookies = 0.01 cents
Raisin Cookies = 0.05 cents
White Chocolate Chip Cookies = 0.10 cents
Oatmeal Cookies = 0.25 cents
Peanut Butter Cookies = 0.50 cents
Double Chocolate Cookies = 1 dollar
M&M Cookies = 5 dollars
Ginger Bread Cookies = 10 dollars
Nuts Cookies = 20 dollars
Vodka, Rum & Whiskey Infused Cookies = 50 dollars
Chocolate Chip Cookies = 100 dollars

1 DCC dollar = 1.49 trillion USdollars

As you may notice this currency is/was used by countries with extreme inflation like Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, 1920's Germany, Greece 2016.

There, I created a whole ****ing system for you!

mmiedzianyy

According to the National Royal Cookie Bank here is the following currency:
Gluten Free Cookies = 0.01 cents
Raisin Cookies = 0.05 cents
White Chocolate Chip Cookies = 0.10 cents
Oatmeal Cookies = 0.25 cents
Peanut Butter Cookies = 0.50 cents
Double Chocolate Cookies = 1 dollar
M&M Cookies = 5 dollars
Ginger Bread Cookies = 10 dollars
Nuts Cookies = 20 dollars

1 DCC dollar = 1.49 trillion dollars

As you may notice this currency is/was used by countries with extreme inflation like Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe and 1920's Germany, Greece 2016.

There, I created a whole ****ing system for you!

I laught so hard that i wet my cookies ;D

Last edited:

Sydd

Personally, I'd rather have the gliders where they actually landed... I'm a sucker for "getting it right" :p But hey, who knows. I'm anxious to see what the devs have thought up!

Hah you could have the Germans chilling in houses arguing about what kind of cookies are better.
Speaking of, how many of you are willing to wager 50 cookies that maniche is going to put an Easter egg of a pack of cookies in one of the houses, if not every house?

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

I want some alcoholic cookies! But we ate a whole packet of chocochip cookies at the weekend, we could have been rich! D:

mmiedzianyy

Hey hey, we know that Chocolate Chip Cookies are worth 100 dollars in exchange but i wonder for what ammount of them.. if one cookie is worth that much so you... ate approximately 5000 dollars? Imagine all the possibilities available on the black market! ;D

FlyingR

I laught so hard that i wet my cookies ;D
In milk? ;)

Damn it guys! Why are we even doing Traction Wars? We should make a new game called Cookie Wars, where we have to defeat the evil Fuhrer Cookie Monster. The game will sell like chocolate chip cookies! Pfff who wants realist WWII games for free anyways...

Ok jokes guys, let's get back in topic. I can feel General Naga watching over us being like "FFS, I quit ballet for this?" whilst shaking his head in disappointment.

Aniallator

But we're not done! What about Mexican drug gangs, eh? What happens when they bake counterfeit cookies?

Sydd

But we're not done! What about Mexican drug gangs, eh? What happens when they bake counterfeit cookies?

Plot twist: Cookies become the new drug, therefore legal. Mexican drug lords become the most honest people in the world. :laugh:

DerJoachim

This waiting is consuming me, deep inside. ( inb4: no problem us the vaseline badum tsss)

Cant you just make the game playable for us dirty peasants in waiting??? i dont care of the state of the game, shooting trees and staring at the map will be enough, as long i have the game in my HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.