• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #52: Road to OVERLORD (Part 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I haven't visit this website for more than 6 months, and I saw a lot of new things incoming already!!!
Please let it be released in 24 months because from there I will be getting a proper, gaming computer! :p
Anyway keep up the master work!

Aniallator

Please let it be released in 24 months

mmiedzianyy

I like the website, i like the picture, i like the changes, i like the game release date not! :D

PS. I have shown "The Sun is Rising " picture to my wife.. she said that if she wouldn't know that is the screenshot, she would belive that is the real photo ;D
Great job guys!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
i like the game release date not! :D

We would like it to be sooner but we felt it would not be honest to string the community along for all that time now that we have a target date. Seemed only fair to share it with you all :)

Last edited:

litchu

Good going with the website guys! It's funny how me and @hannibaldinski talked about how the website could improve last week and I must say my wishes came through!

I find this update a good start to ( hopefully ) a great period of awesome stuff coming. Finally having a release date and seeing a specific date for the next update really makes me feel like Traction Wars just stepped up their game and I hope they can keep things rolling.

Last edited:

Simon

Atleast I will have more time to buy new PC.

And a lot of great games are coming in 2016 to shorten your time while you wait.

Feldmeijer

Woah, once again late but REALLY EXCITED :D

Guys, I swear, I'm going to send you cookies sometime to speed up development even further. (seriously)

JanMz

I'm sorry, but from the info and media revealed i don't yet see any proof that this team is able to deliver a high quality competent WW2 fps. What exactly is the excitement here based on ? From what i see, as it stands now, this is very unlikely to be of the quality some of you expect it to turn out to be. Imo it's unrealistic to expect a Sunday afternoon hobby project like this, undermanned, with limited resources and possibly lacking skill/experience, to produce a pro studio level fps product. Also, seeing how little has been done in 7 years makes me also question the supposed enthusiasm and interest in this thing, really. I don't know...

I'm just saying that from the info provided, which is 99% 3D fluff(although well crafted), i'm a bit disappointed that i'm not seeing any of the core stuff and i'm not able to tell if this has any overall potential or not...All i can anticipate with some degree of certainty is quality of graphics (although minimum requirements are a bit low and make me question the quality of this aspect as well). But as far as the core stuff goes, there's nothing to see here just yet. :(

Anyway, don't mean to be negative, wish the team all the best in succeeding and achieving what they've envisioned. And by any means prove me wrong, please. xD

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
-Is negative
-Says he doesen't want to be negative

:p

Trolling aside it's going to be a free2play game so there is absolutely no reason not to check it out once it's done.
And before any game is released you don't know how it's going to turn out, so all you can do is give the dev team some nice support and hope for the best :)

Hey, some of the best things started as simple garage projects.

FlyingR

Oh wow, ok, where do we begin... I don't know if you check the media content, but they have some videos showing gameplay showing weapons and vehicles that show a high level and quality of detail! I mean, if they are still together after 7 years... that means a lot really... usually people who want to make a game, most don't last 6 months. The team means serious business if they are still together!

The team stated that they are doing this as a hobby so they- are taking their time, and we acknowledge this, hence our patience and understanding. We know that they are being honest, and as Naga said, this game will come out in months... They are not pretending to finish soon and fast because they want to deliver a good product. Once again, we know this, and we actually appreciate their time. I prefer to have a good game come out late than mediocre stuff coming very soon.

The team is represented by very skillful members. From what I know and seen myself, Volcol for one is/was one of the lead artists of WWIIO (he's name is in the Credits of the game), as well he is working for Verdun. Those games are very very famous, and various members of the community here play those games! I know as well that Hanni has a lot of experience with graphics, and has a great level of creativity as seen in his HUDs designs and when he asked us for help with his thesis, he showed us some original things. Naga, although we don't see much of him, we can see that he is really devoted to the game and the website, that can be seen on how he quickly fixes the bugs of the new website layout, which for me is very important and professional. VonMudra can also be noticed with his actual knowledge and intellect regarding WWII in all aspects, so his contribution to the game is immense. I apologize for the other team members that I did not mention, but I'm very sure that you guys are also very pro and dedicated, as well as you each put your own skills, effort and creativity to the game. They all have their own lives, work and hobbies, there's so much time you can put into this. They are accepting new members to help out, but it's hard to find good ones and for free. Imagine, they even have time to get into the forums and actually spend time to reply and post with us.

I mean, for some reason I've got more attracted to this game than other games (hell including PR:WWII), but this guys are putting a great deal of efforts here, I won't lie, there was a point where I was doubting a bit also, but hey I'm still here right? What they are offering is unique, and the team seems very motivated in putting this out, so they have my full support as well as many people here (who have been even longer than me).

JanMz

Nah, no negativity...I just gave a "medium-filter" opinion. I'm sure a post like this pops up every now and then and they are used to it by now.
:)

It's just my impression from the info I have access to on this site. This is all I can base my opinion and expectations on. I dont claim it is entirely valid or the truth. If there is more to it, please do point me to it or tell me. I definitely need to see a demo of gameplay, match first. I can't base my expectations on 3D art alone. Btw, thx FlyingR for additional info. :)

I have no knowledge of the teams abilities or other detailed information about the content (other than what is shown on here) or how well the core stuff works. I think this is a normal response given the limited info I have.

As I said, I'm not implying anything, It's just a conversation, some personal, subjective opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.