• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #61: State of the Game IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid-Lifer

Things are happening. As long as things are happening, I dont care what tempo they are happening in. Kudos to devs.

Swaffy

Hello devs. The work you have done so far is outstanding. I understand many of this stuff is WIP and there are placeholders, when someone sees a game they start to think this is exactly what a release would look like. I figured the silver MP40 was temporary since they normally had bluing (the classic Gunmetal color). Glad to see a progress update from your team and I look forward to seeing more Soon™ ;)

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I understand many of this stuff is WIP and there are placeholders, when someone sees a game they start to think this is exactly what a release would look like.

And that's excactly why we're so caution to post stuff, as we don't want to post all our stuff because it could be that exact reaction you describe above.

yrumad11

Vanguard Backer
I am loving the overall atmosphere you guys got going here. You take your time to make sure everything is perfect, your dedicated to realism, and you aren't greedy with money and have a genuine love for what you're making. This type of development team is sadly a rare sight nowadays having played so many games with ignorant developers who let the game suffer and don't care about their community for the sake of money *cough cough* Heroes & Generals *cough*.

Your overall ability to listen to freebie gamers and take criticism blows my mind with optimism and enthusiasm for what you're creating. It's such a refreshing scene to see a developer team so dedicated to a game, dedicated to the community, and dedicated to not moderate criticism or in most cases fun times.

I am one of those people who doesn't spend money unless I truly support a game's developing team and if you keep what you're doing going I would have absolutely no trouble pitching in some donations to a good cause. All in all keep it up, the end result will be well worth any wait and thank you for your dedication.

Take your time, make it work. Looks good. What are the RPMs of those MP40s though, they look like they're spitting flame like an MG42? Or is that just because of the gif? fk it, its a wip.

Simon

Take your time, make it work. Looks good. What are the RPMs of those MP40s though, they look like they're spitting flame like an MG42? Or is that just because of the gif? fk it, its a wip.
They are CryEngine default, which means they will be replaced

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

PFAHLMANN

I am loving the overall atmosphere you guys got going here. You take your time to make sure everything is perfect, your dedicated to realism, and you aren't greedy with money and have a genuine love for what you're making. This type of development team is sadly a rare sight nowadays having played so many games with ignorant developers who let the game suffer and don't care about their community for the sake of money *cough cough* Heroes & Generals *cough*.

Your overall ability to listen to freebie gamers and take criticism blows my mind with optimism and enthusiasm for what you're creating. It's such a refreshing scene to see a developer team so dedicated to a game, dedicated to the community, and dedicated to not moderate criticism or in most cases fun times.

I am one of those people who doesn't spend money unless I truly support a game's developing team and if you keep what you're doing going I would have absolutely no trouble pitching in some donations to a good cause. All in all keep it up, the end result will be well worth any wait and thank you for your dedication.

all i can do is agree
i really hope so it is going to stay this way
(altough h@g started out like this too - i mean with openness and with the ability to listen to players....)

DerJoachim

I still have some concerns for the fact that you can rambo around with the browning and Mg42, other than that the game looks mighty great.

FlyingR

[MENTION=2870]agus92[/MENTION] [MENTION=2473]Esu21[/MENTION] have unleashed the bots! We don't want your android games!

Last edited:

HDawg

Love it! Can't wait for this game, just wish we would get some more regular news/updates types of things. Keep the hype up you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.