• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliper

Aniallator

[MENTION=1829]Pvt_Larry[/MENTION] I don't, unfortunately; I found it on a site dedicated to photos from the war, but with no caption.

Aniallator

image.jpg

Robert Rowan
blows after being bombed by Ju 88s off Gela, Sicily, 1943.

IMHO, after Normandy and the break out from Normandy, TW ought to move to the Italian and Sicilian campaigns. You'll already have the Americans (assuming you portray the US sector of Normandy), Brits, and Germans done; an Italian faction isn't immediately necessary. Aside from, perhaps, a few changes in weaponry and uniforms (for example, Germans won't be using Lebels), you really just need new maps and a few other bits and bobs. I know we're talking about eons from now, but I'm just saying.

Aniallator

image.jpg

German troops inspect a downed French fighter, France, 1940. I believe it's a Koolhoven F.K.58, which is interesting, seeing as they only built twenty and only one is thought to have been shot down. Perhaps this is that one? The F.K.58s of the Armée de l'Air were piloted by Poles under Walerian Jasionkowski. They conducted a mere 47 sorties during the battle of France, and have no recorded kills.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it's a P-36 :) I'm pretty sure it's an F.K.58 though, based on the engine cowling, among other things.

VonMudra

View attachment 951

German troops inspect a downed French fighter, France, 1940. I believe it's a Koolhoven F.K.58, which is interesting, seeing as they only built twenty and only one is thought to have been shot down. Perhaps this is that one? The F.K.58s of the Armée de l'Air were piloted by Poles under Walerian Jasionkowski. They conducted a mere 47 sorties during the battle of France, and have no recorded kills.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it's a P-36 :) I'm pretty sure it's an F.K.58 though, based on the engine cowling, among other things.

What you have there is actually a Bloch MB. 150 series fighter plane. It is a bit similar to the F.K.58, but the engine cowling of the F.K.58 is smooth, amoung other differences.

Aniallator

I stand corrected! I swear I saw a photo of an F.K.58 with the same ridges on the engine cowling. I now see the lack of a curve in the rudder, though. Thanks for the correction! All hail the Dragon!

Pvt_Larry

131626.jpg

Canadian troops with an anti-aircraft gun in Normandy.
(Thanks for the correction, siben)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.