• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Spoiler:

A German soldier killed in action, Normandy, 1944.

Last edited by a moderator:

VonMudra

Wow, thats impressive, probably one shot out of a million.

Interestingly there was another case of this happening that I am aware of, in southern France during Operation Dragoon. The book "The Day of the Panzer" details a devastating battle between an American company and a single Panther with headquarters infantry support during Operation Dragoon that was barely fought off, however at heavy cost, with the Panther pretty much tearing through opposition and constantly escaping destruction. A few days after, a Sherman crew happened to come across a barrel sticking through foliage. They aimed carefully, shot it, and broke the barrel in half. Out came the German tank crew, of the same Panther that had caused so much chaos, who were then taken prisoner.

http://www.amazon.com/DAY-OF-THE-PANZER-Sacrifice/dp/B005M4T8Z2

FlyingR

[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] awesome fact man. Can you guys put like these stories on the loading screen of the game please, so I don't stare blankly at the screen while it is loading! It not only inspires but it also gives me even more enthusiasm to play!

I also miss "On this day..." on Facebook, so yeah bring that back, please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.