• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

It's a section from a heavy weapons company- two mortars and two lafettes. A full company would have 8 lafettes and 6 mortars.

FlyingR

1st Panzer Group after the Battle of Brody - 30/06/1941

VonMudra

A photo of Iwo Jima, and the first flag raised there, that I know none of you have ever seen before. It was taken by Captain Dan Colburn, from the cockpit of his PBM Mariner moored just off shore of Iwo. I had the honour of growing up just down the street from him, and recently he has given me his medals (DFC, Air Medal, Service Medals), and is possibly going to give me his photos from the war. This is a photo I took of one of them when I last saw him a week ago, to post for a photo to put in the medal shadowbox I'm putting together to display his awards:

FlyingR

Mudra that's incredible! Maybe if you wish, you could make a post on its own about his story and the pictures!

siben

Strange, i did nothing different then all the other times i put a picture online. Click on picture to see full size.

drummer93

"The Krupp Raumer heavy minesweeper vehicle was built as the prototype seen in this picture taken in Germany in May 1945, after the facility where it was housed was captured by the Americans. Apparently this was the only Raumer built and its exact fate is unclear. The Raumer aimed to literally roll over minefield and explode the mines thus opening a path to other troops and vehicles. ".

War History Online

Status
Not open for further replies.