• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

@drummer93 I think we'll have a mature community as well :) Another problem with bicycles is you'd need one for every member of the section, and nine times out of ten I don't think that would happen; you'd have half the section pedalling happily at the front, while the other half is panting and cursing a hundred meters back.

I don't see the problem. Obviously you need one bicycle for each member. The entire section needs the same move capacity, but maybe not all the sections. I mean, maybe one section could move by trucks, other by bikes, and others by foot

Aniallator

I don't see the problem. Obviously you need one bicycle for each member. The entire section needs the same move capacity, but maybe not all the sections. I mean, maybe one section could move by trucks, other by bikes, and others by foot

Exactly, but my point is that while there will be times where bike-equipped sections have a bike for every member, chances are that one, or two, or three bikes will be taken so someone can, for example, get to their section ASAP, leaving bike-equipped sections lacking. So maybe, but I'm not sure :|

drummer93

Exactly, but my point is that while there will be times where bike-equipped sections have a bike for every member, chances are that one, or two, or three bikes will be taken so someone can, for example, get to their section ASAP, leaving bike-equipped sections lacking. So maybe, but I'm not sure :|

Maybe the section can spawn mounting bicycles at first, and try to use this advantage to take some important point in the map and build a rally point or something like that. Then, if a member die, he re-spawn without his bicycle (to not fill the map with bicycles)

Aniallator

Maybe the section can spawn mounting bicycles at first, and try to use this advantage to take some important point in the map and build a rally point or something like that. Then, if a member die, he re-spawn without his bicycle (to not fill the map with bicycles)

I suppose that's one way of doing it, yes; bicycles were a pretty prominent form of transportation, so I'd love to have some way for them to be well-implemented in a future chapter.

Roughbeak

Even cows are useful on the front

mmiedzianyy

It was something like boomerang, bullet was returning to his owner but at the end it didn't hit the target and killed the gunner?

drummer93

It was something like boomerang, bullet was returning to his owner but at the end it didn't hit the target and killed the gunner?
No it is not like a boomerang. The reason to implement that was shoot while being covered.See this video about STG 44. It had mirrors.

drummer93

Hahahahaha, I've seen enough cartoon to know that it could actually happen!

Did they actually use it in combat? :p

I really don't know. Probably yes, but I've never read documentation that describes its use in combat. It was useful at short range, but the lifespan was bounded

FlyingR

I really don't know. Probably yes, but I've never read documentation that describes its use in combat. It was useful at short range, but the lifespan was bounded

It would've suck to start shooting around the corner and suddenly an enemy appears in front or behind you... hahaha how do you shoot him? You draw a handgun or put your gun in a weird position to shoot him :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.