• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Shake Breaks Down Operation Deadstick Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

litchu

Bien bien! Tres beau video monsieur!

At 10:00 the tower you see, I think that is a water tower. Something like this:

Aniallator

Ha ha awesome :)

There won't be swimming in TW (imagine swimming in full combat gear), there will be smoke grenades/shells, tracers were used in WW2, and yeah, those pipes are ventilation tubes for the bunker beneath.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Another awesome video [MENTION=1254]sHaKeNbAkE[/MENTION]!

Yes that is an underground bunker hidden away apart from the ventilators ;)

Also well done to [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] for identifying the water tower. That's the exact one we used for our reference although typical of the area it's that photo is not from the immediate Pegasus area.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Glad you like the music Shake! :D

And great video, having seen a lot of fan break-down videos it's quite surreal to see one of something you're actually working on!

FlyingR

Shake, I completely agree with you about the music and the voice! It's incredible!! Cal is it possible to download or something by any chance? The trailer editing was very very well done! Props to whoever made it! :)

VonMudra

tracers were used in WW2

I would note that tracers weren't used nearly as much as some people would like. For ground combat, tracers were a very good way to show to the enemy exactly where your position is. Because of this, and also simple lack of issue to infantry, most machine guns in real life, and in TW, did not/will not have tracers. Tracers were really an AA thing.

FlyingR

I would note that tracers weren't used nearly as much as some people would like. For ground combat, tracers were a very good way to show to the enemy exactly where your position is. Because of this, and also simple lack of issue to infantry, most machine guns in real life, and in TW, did not/will not have tracers. Tracers were really an AA thing.

As well, tracers were used in planes, but same as the infantry, it gave away the position of the fighters, therefore it signaled where they came from. After the tracers were removed, the success rate of fighters went up!

Simon

Ha ha awesome :)

There won't be swimming in TW (imagine swimming in full combat gear), there will be smoke grenades/shells, tracers were used in WW2, and yeah, those pipes are ventilation tubes for the bunker beneath.

I think that with swimming it would become very un balanced, because people would start to swim across so they would ruin the experience

Aniallator

Good to hear. I recall a combat memoir saying how machine gunners commonly removed tracer rounds from their belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.