• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Shooting from the vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
so hey guys just wanna add a suggestion that when ever the vehicles gets added can u guys make it possible to shoot from with in the vehicle but with bad accuracy and u know shooting from above the tank in a prone possition to cover the tank from other infantry

Not a bad idea, but it has to be implemented sensibly. In the olden days of FH2 it was also possible to shoot from vehicles. This gave rise to two phenomenae known as Sticky jeeping and Kübelschrecking.

Example:

So if it makes it in, only small arms, please. No drive-by tank killing.

yup i was thinking like a pistol or a smg(smg will have ugly accuracy u know it will be easy to kill someone in a jeep)

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Not a bad idea, but it has to be implemented sensibly. In the olden days of FH2 it was also possible to shoot from vehicles. This gave rise to two phenomenae known as Sticky jeeping and Kübelschrecking.

Example:

So if it makes it in, only small arms, please. No drive-by tank killing.

You do realize that throwing sticky bombs from a moving vehicle is perfectly feasible to do IRL. It's just that you would have to be mad to attempt it as the things had a nasty tendency to stick to your trousers instead of the enemy vehicle. :p

As for the bazooka, Schreck or Panzerfaust I'd reckon that they are quite impossible to fire from a moving vehicle with any degree of safety (no matter what the storywriters of COD 1 thought when they wrote "Eder Dam Getaway" ;)).

Sydd

Drivebys? What's this? GTA-5? I have no intention of watching a jeep filled with people owning BARs just shooting the **** out of something, as long its only small arms fire I'd reckon its fine. I am of the same opinion regarding panzerfausts and of the like with Lucky.

what meant was shooting a pistol will some accuracy or a smg with no accuracy because u are deffenseless in the vehicle and seriously how can someone even shoot a panzerfraust from a moving jeep

Aniallator

Firing from vehicles needs to depend on your weapon, your vehicle, and where you're seated in the vehicle. For example, if you're seated atop a Cromwell, you should be able to use grenades, pistols, rifles, and SMGs. However, if you're seated at the front of a QLD's troop bay, you shouldn't be able to use squat. Or say you're in the passenger seat of a Kübelwagen, you should be able to use pistols and SMGs.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
This isn't something I've given a great deal of thought to as vehicles aren't in OVERLORD but I'm not sure firing from a vehicle is really a behaviour we want to encourage? If they need to shoot at someone then they should be dismounting rather than sitting up on top of a tank in plain sight.

Alternatively they would be hanging on or sitting on a seat inside the vehicle. I can't think of many circumstances where you would legitimately want/need to be able to fire from a vehicle. Sounds like a good way to encourage some players to waste team vehicles on suicidal attack runs ;)

Aniallator

This isn't something I've given a great deal of thought to as vehicles aren't in OVERLORD but I'm not sure firing from a vehicle is really a behaviour we want to encourage? If they need to shoot at someone then they should be dismounting rather than sitting up on top of a tank in plain sight.

Alternatively they would be hanging on or sitting on a seat inside the vehicle. I can't think of many circumstances where you would legitimately want/need to be able to fire from a vehicle. Sounds like a good way to encourage some players to waste team vehicles on suicidal attack runs ;)

As usual, Naga is 110 percent correct ;) Implementing this may encourage *cough* some *cough* players to remain in vehicles during combat, or, as Naga pointed out, carry out kamikaze attack runs.

I am now against firing from vehicles xD Naga, you must teach me your mind tricks some day.

Last edited:

FlyingR

But if vehicles are assigned to squads like PR then it could achieve great teamwork between both vehicles and infantry, increasing fire power depending the situation?

Last edited:

Aniallator

But if vehicles are assigned to squads like PR then it could achieve great teamwork between both vehicles and armor, increasing fire power depending the situation?

What's an example? I see now that firing from vehicles is very unrealistic... think Band of Brothers, when they're near Nuenen, and that German halftrack rolls out from the trees; instantaneously, everyone sitting on the tanks hops off. Anyway, remaining in a vehicle so you can shoot from it is just a dumb idea. If you're an infantryman, and you're in a vehicle during combat, you're doing something wrong.

drummer93

. think Band of Brothers, when they're near Nuenen, and that German halftrack rolls out from the trees; instantaneously, everyone sitting on the tanks hops off...

well, that's because the tanks need to rotate their turrets. You can't stay there, and you need cover

Aniallator

well, that's because the tanks need to rotate their turrets. You can't stay there, and you need cover

Of course, and if you're sitting on a tank in TW that's engaged, you're going to want to get off there ASAP if you can't fire from vehicles. TW can get more realistic gameplay by not having firing from vehicles.

FlyingR

Of course, and if you're sitting on a tank in TW that's engaged, you're going to want to get off there ASAP if you can't fire from vehicles. TW can get more realistic gameplay by not having firing from vehicles.

Probably you're right, I was thinking more of jeeps and motorbikes with drivebys/scouting/bothering the enemy. Probably they didn't happen a lot in WWII (@VonMudra can you confirm please? :D ) but it is quite realistic to shoot and throw things from moving vehicles.

Aniallator

Probably you're right, I was thinking more of jeeps and motorbikes with drivebys/scouting/bothering the enemy. Probably they didn't happen a lot in WWII (@VonMudra can you confirm please? :D ) but it is quite realistic to shoot and throw things from moving vehicles.

Firing from vehicles is possible, of course, it's just not historically accurate for WW2. And I don't think driveby's were a "thing" xD

Esu21

I just remembered that this was implemented in BF Hardline,GTA V and even Sub Rosa. Not some good comparisons with TW,but well. I think if well implemented it could be really nice to have,but maybe in vehicles like Sdkfz and so only people on machine guns should be able to shoot.

Aniallator

I just remembered that this was implemented in BF Hardline,GTA V and even Sub Rosa. Not some good comparisons with TW,but well. I think if well implemented it could be really nice to have,but maybe in vehicles like Sdkfz and so only people on machine guns should be able to shoot.

You mean vehicle-mounted MGs? We'll be able to use these, of course! If there's, say, an MG 34 mounted on an Sdkfz 251, then of course we can use it. We're talking about firing personal weapons from vehicles, so for example your K 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.