• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The 3 Major's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

@VonMudra Do you think it might work when you swap your kit with your dead enemy, you have a choice what to pick up.

Say, you pick up a MG42, well of course your agility is going to suffer from weight issues. Whereas you pick up a Luger, like in real life, it's a prize to have it and it is light. Also you can have the ability to drop one or two of your current weapons.

I like this idea more than pick up a simple kit with all the belongings to it and drop your current one.

Although my idea is a bit more complicated and probably will be easily chucked off. :p

VonMudra

I am unsure, as it would require separating each piece of gear issued rather than making it a kit. In general, I would personally like to make it hard to get enemy kits, so as to avoid germans all running around with M1s and Allies all running around with MG42s :p

1. Maps designed for combined arms gameplay

2. Many vehicles

3. Don't try to implement needless features (f.e. cover system or fully modeled tank interiors), instead focus on the core features (f.e. communication system, realistic gunplay, progression system, spawn system, etc.)

Swaffy

Forgive me from not listing things I find important, but that short conversation about the weapon kits struck a thought. I've seen some game mods where they disable the dropped kits' collision meshes so that the kit disappears, thus making the kit completely unable to be picked up. As an idea, perhaps you shouldn't have the entire kit able to be changed, but maybe just the ammo, or just the pistol. Or perhaps all you can pick up are the bandages the dead player had left. Doing this will allow an enemy player to pick up small items/equipment without messing up gameplay. If it is harder to implement, just know that I think your team will end up happy you did some extra work to implement something like this, because it is a fairly important aspect of gameplay. It can help a player survive, but won't change his role as a soldier.

"+2 bandages"
"+1 7.62x63mm magazine"
Something along those lines.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You're certainly right [MENTION=809]Swaffy[/MENTION] that kit drops aren't "all or nothing". There are some interesting options in between which are more realistic and less damaging to gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.