• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Things that SHOULD be added and things that should NOT be added

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiedzianyy

Of course you can't just give everybody a free hand to vote for one player constantly. It has to have some limits. Like only vote once for 24hrs with the limit of 3 different promotions per day or limit of votes for one player from another can't be higher than 2.. I know it is hard to implement, but its another idea how to build ranking system or part of it in a game.

Aniallator

hmmmm and have all the Heroes and Generals chipmunks come here and destroy this game too??
no thanks i want (and i think many others as well ) a true war sim and not another Arma (witch is poorly constructed to say the least ). Ro is too arcade to be honest ,
something more like Americas Army in the non commercial version would be more proper,
rl war mechanics is the way to go even if it doesnt have a million players it should be hard as nails so it deters kiddies who hope for cheap thrills..

TW won't be a simulator, but an FPS focused on realism. Realism will be paramount, but at the same time, you won't have to use mouse menus and every key on the keyboard to play. I wouldn't call RO2 arcadey, though some of its components (kill feed, ranking, et cetera) are.

I agree in that TW shouldn't have a ranking system, nor should K/Ds be displayed anywhere in the game. None, nada. As soon as someone sees their K/D, they'll think about killing enemies rather than playing objectives. TW shouldn't have an in-game scoreboard opened with TAB. None of that.

mmiedzianyy

I think that the scoreboard should contain kill counter but not the k/d ratio. Some classes, like support, don't always advance with the squad but give the fire support from the distance. LMG shooter will not gain the same points by capturing the objectives as the rest of the team. Latter on he can better his mood by looking at the scoreboard and realising what kind of devastation he did in the opposite faction. I love to see how many players i killed when doing my job no matter what role i've picked.

Aniallator

K/D, kill counter... not much difference. If we had that, we might as well have a kill feed, as people would just check the scoreboard to see if they got the kill or not.

Aniallator

As an end-of-round thing? I wouldn't mind a scoreboard :) People want to see their stats, so showing a scoreboard with each player's deaths, kills, and objectives would be nice, and wouldn't interfere with TW's realism, so long as it only shows up when the rounds end.

L4rcher

Yep agree and get the point but still think it can be achieved with the right system. What that is...still thinking!

litchu

Do add:

Weapon collision with objects; if you're standing against a wall you won't be able to shoot. And alsoo the gun isn't in your head but it's against your body. Noticed it while playing Battlefield Hardline today. I only saw a person's head becaus they were behind a wall and yet they shot me and for me it's close to impossible to hit them.

B.Kavanagh

I would like to see a good more realistic radio system. With no global chat or any of that stuff. I would like a system similar to that of the task force radio mod for ARMA 2. Just a direct chat and chatter between radiomen. I find it real handy when you can just talk in direct chat rather then talking over a bunch of other people.

mmiedzianyy

I don't know if this was mentioned somewhere before, but i would like to see statistics counting system in TW. This will summarise our kills, deaths, objectives, shots, longest shots, accuracy etc. Everything could be presented in separated option in the menu or somewhere else. Could be done?

I don't know if this was mentioned somewhere before, but i would like to see statistics counting system in TW. This will summarise our kills, deaths, objectives, shots, longest shots, accuracy etc. Everything could be presented in separated option in the menu or somewhere else. Could be done?

You should have read the rest of the thread - there's recently been quite a discussion about that here, with people on both extremes of the divide! ;) I imagine it's going to be hard for the developers to fulfil everyone's expectations! One can't please all of the people all of the time etc...

I agree with you that there should be some sort of system to keep people engaged with their history in the game. However, there have been some interesting suggestions for different ways of counting, rather than the hoary old k/d alone. I'd like to see that as well of course (being 'realistic' means we'd like to avoid dying as much as possible, and I imagine there are some people on this forum who've managed to do that for years), but perhaps we can find ways of generating points and statistics that is new and innovative, encouraging teamwork...

mmiedzianyy

[MENTION=2057]Platybelodon {TP}[/MENTION] And i took part in this discussion :) What i wanted to say was the opportunity to count our overall statistics not during the match but apart from that. I see that i didn't mention that..
I agree with you that it's impossible to satisfy everybody expectations. But here we are to share our ideas and maybe see them in game :p

I see! Sorry - I've always been talking about overall statistics, but reading back now I see others have been specifically talking about per-match records. I think these need to be in as well, though in what form I'm not sure.

Personally I would love to see alternative recording methods - the RO2 'team points' was good, with MG supply points and all the rest. However, what can we do to go further? I think a comprehensive medic system would be a good start, and also a method of surrender and taking prisoners and associated scoring system - realistically, this was a huge part of battle, rather than the fighting to the death we're used to.

Team encouragement (assists not just because of kills, but perhaps if you spot an enemy, as with RO2's 'z' marking and another kills or forces them to surrender) needs to be considered so playing together is fun and more high-scoring and rewarding than being the lone-wolf. Wiser minds than I will have to force that development.

olmsi

Well I suggest:

Something like Recruit, Frontsoldier, Battlehardened and Veteran etc.. May give them bonuses like the suppression effect (higher the lower it is, also when someone is hit near you), sounds like RO but it would be a "goodie" with sense. But keep fingers away from "unlocks" :laugh:
Also it could be interesting to add somekind of speeches of the "rank", something motivating, insulting or for recruits they say something depressing.
Please give the MGs or Support Weapons fair status, like when its placed correctly it will do devastating damage to troops... its somewhat i missed in RO2 since maps are too small and riflemen can zoom like a sniper.

Also what would be very important to me personally and maybe for some other guys:

Capture points, maybe you could do this in the Darkest Hour scheme, it was very fun and target/goal optimized to reach the cap zones. the main thing is to cap the zones in a chronologue way and lock the zones behind the targeted zone to prevent guys hangin behind the front :)

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Well I suggest:

Something like Recruit, Frontsoldier, Battlehardened and Veteran etc.. May give them bonuses like the suppression effect (higher the lower it is, also when someone is hit near you), sounds like RO but it would be a "goodie" with sense. But keep fingers away from "unlocks" :laugh:
Also it could be interesting to add somekind of speeches of the "rank", something motivating, insulting or for recruits they say something depressing.

I agree unlocks are the bane of every modern game. I would love if the devs researched more realistic approaches of simulating veterancy. I think suppression effectiveness, reload time (maybe if you're planning to have "interactive" reloads as seen in the "Gears of War" series, the "zone" for perfect reload could get wider), time to bleed out, range to recognize friendlies on the minimap, and all the other "small" boosting abilities would be best suited for the kind of historical accuracy the devs are trying to achieve.

I think every player should be as good as he is in front of his computer. Good players will become better automatically by time - like you become senior, expert, veteran state in real life.
New players must have the same chance in their 1st match like guys who have still archived a lot of medals, rankingpoints rounds,... .
Global ranking /stats are necessary and indispensable to keep the community but unlocks/ingame-benefits are an no go!

Heroes&Generals, WoT style: - stupid noobs are good because of benefits/unlocks for paying or playtime - unrealistic and this cant be the way of TW.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
I think every player should be as good as he is in front of his computer. Good players will become better automatically by time - like you become senior, expert, veteran state in real life.
New players must have the same chance in their 1st match like guys who have still archived a lot of medals, rankingpoints rounds,... .
Global ranking /stats are necessary and indispensable to keep the community but unlocks/ingame-benefits are an no go!

Heroes&Generals, WoT style: - stupid noobs are good because of benefits/unlocks for paying or playtime - unrealistic and this cant be the way of TW.

You know, if this were 2004 I'd wholehartedly agree with you. But this is 2015. People expect some kind of reward for their "work", and shiny medals just don't cut it anymore (gee, thanks for that, Call of Duty!). I'd say, if you want to give players some rewards, they should be only minor and not game changing. So the "noobs" still have approximately the same chance against the vets. But the "vets" still get some sense of progress. They see their avatar change, and he gets "tougher" and less affected by the death and destruction around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.