• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

There are a couple (I found 5th Battle of Isonzo, plus Caperetto, aka the 12th Battle of Isonzo), right away). The map is very incomplete anyways, considering how few battles it lists for the Ostfront for example :p

FlyingR

There are a couple (I found 5th Battle of Isonzo, plus Caperetto, aka the 12th Battle of Isonzo), right away). The map is very incomplete anyways, considering how few battles it lists for the Ostfront for example :p

Yeah I expected it to be faulty, I would be really suprised if they got all the 7000 years of battles correct and without any mistakes. :p

Simon

5th Battle was fought by 5th Army of Austria-Hungary, also the unit my great grandpa was in (since it was only Austro-Hungarian unit fighting on it) :D

And congrats to Leo for winning an oscar, well deserved.

VonMudra

5th Battle was fought by 5th Army of Austria-Hungary, also the unit my great grandpa was in (since it was only Austro-Hungarian unit fighting on it) :D

And congrats to Leo for winning an oscar, well deserved.

Any idea what regiment he was in? If not, just tell me what town he was from and I can find out the most likely one for you. I actually reenact the Austro-Hungarian Army, specifically KuK IR61 on the Western Front. :)

Simon

Any idea what regiment he was in? If not, just tell me what town he was from and I can find out the most likely one for you. I actually reenact the Austro-Hungarian Army, specifically KuK IR61 on the Western Front. :)

No idea about the regiment or the town. I forgot where he was from, but I'll find out somehow.

UPDATE [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION]: If I am correct, he was from village Podgorci in the municipality of Ormož

Last edited:

VonMudra

Spoke to my unit leader who has the big book of Austro-Hungarian regimental recruitment districts:

"As far as I can tell, it would be k.u.k IR 47 "Graf von Beck-Rzikowsky", based in Marburg (Maribor). I see if I can find a better map tomorrow."

So that's what we know so far :)

EDIT: "Scratch that, I found a better map of recruiting districts--looks like IR 87, Freiherr von Succovaty, based in Cilli. Looks like there was a bit of Gerrymandering to IR47 mostly German (75%) and IR 87 mostly Slovene (85%). Facing colors are sea green (Meergrun) with white buttons."

Ok, so THERE we go. IR 87 it is :)

Last edited:

Simon

Spoke to my unit leader who has the big book of Austro-Hungarian regimental recruitment districts:

"As far as I can tell, it would be k.u.k IR 47 "Graf von Beck-Rzikowsky", based in Marburg (Maribor). I see if I can find a better map tomorrow."

So that's what we know so far :)

EDIT: "Scratch that, I found a better map of recruiting districts--looks like IR 87, Freiherr von Succovaty, based in Cilli. Looks like there was a bit of Gerrymandering to IR47 mostly German (75%) and IR 87 mostly Slovene (85%). Facing colors are sea green (Meergrun) with white buttons."

Ok, so THERE we go. IR 87 it is :)

Sweet, I am from Marburg (Maribor)

Also found this site K.u.K. IR 87
Their goal is to keep memories of that unit

Esu21

View attachment 1369

Battles | Public Interface | nodegoat

A cool website with all the battles in the world since 5000 years ago! Check the link to see the actual map.

Really interesting website, but they count terrorist attacks as "battles"... for instance searching for battles in Spain between 1942 and nowadays (I was interested in what I could find ;)) you will find 3 at Pais Vasco that are basically terrorist attacks like "The September 1982 Rentería attack was an ambush by the Basque separatist organisation ETA which occurred on 14 September 1982 on the motorway near the Basque town of Errenteria (Spanish: Rentería) in Guipuzkoa. The targets were several national police officers, four of whom were killed in the attack, with the fifth seriously injured. The attack was ETA's deadliest of 1982."

I dont think a pro-independence group killing 4 Civil Guards can be counted as a battle

Simon

Double post inception [MENTION=2473]Esu21[/MENTION]

And that website also appeard on Slovenian news lol

FlyingR

Thanks for the advice, I think I tried to edit the first and I misclicked "Post Quick Reply" or something :p Do you know how to delete a post?

For some reason we can't, just ask for admin to do so. They should be able to give a hand :D

Simon

When its Traction Wars update Friday:

Simon

Double post inception here...

Found this post from 2010

http://www.tractionwars.com/rec-room/1351-world-cup-solvenia-v-england.html?highlight=Slovenia
[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] nice spelling of my country. I still remember that Football WC was a big deal back then when Slovenia was in. Cars had little Slovenian flags stuck in window, we had albums for players and all that. Oh the time flies fast. I was 9 at the time, now I'm 15. Damn time flies fast doesn't it ?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Double post inception here...

Found this post from 2010

http://www.tractionwars.com/rec-room/1351-world-cup-solvenia-v-england.html?highlight=Slovenia
@General Naga nice spelling of my country. I still remember that Football WC was a big deal back then when Slovenia was in. Cars had little Slovenian flags stuck in window, we had albums for players and all that. Oh the time flies fast. I was 9 at the time, now I'm 15. Damn time flies fast doesn't it ?

Whoops! It was almost six years ago - can I be forgiven yet? :p

Simon

[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] it was forgiven in September 2014, when I found out for Traction Wars :p

Status
Not open for further replies.