• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
In our case, I think showcasing finished work (although far from it) has put us in the position where we can't show WIP gameplay as we've already given the impression that the game's features are completed. As you mentioned, the high and relentless standards makes it all a bit more difficult to manage the expectations from Traction Wars. FE has set the standard that they're very much WIP, so they should have the flexibility of showcasing WIP features (in my opinion).

FlyingR

In our case, I think showcasing finished work (although far from it) has put us in the position where we can't show WIP gameplay as we've already given the impression that the game's features are completed. As you mentioned, the high and relentless standards makes it all a bit more difficult to manage the expectations from Traction Wars. FE has set the standard that they're very much WIP, so they should have the flexibility of showcasing WIP features (in my opinion).

You guys are doing this for free, in your spare time, you don't owe anybody anything, you shouldn't be in any sort of position. Being free, it shouldn't hold any expectations, but damn, now that I will think of any kind of free game, I will want a game that is similar in quality as TW, because it clearly is possible to achieve it. You've raised the standard for both what a free and/or a WWII game should be like. This is of course from what I've seen in the pictures and videos.

You guys deserve to have the flexibility and the option of doing whatever the fook you want. FE can have flexibility but at the same time it can't because they want to win money out of it as well as they have and will have loads of competition. They have the pressure to make things good because if PR:WWII expands and gets bigger plus you guys release before them, they will not go that far. FE has to start showcasing really good things, what will make them different from you or any other game. Sure it looks good visually, but is it realistic? Does it have any new or special feature (even if it's pre-alpha).

Why would people want to pay for a game when there's 1 game which is pretty good already and another one that will come out and will be top notch, and both for free?

My 2 cents

Aniallator

In terms of a TW gameplay video, I don't worry about it being WIP, I just feel like I actually need to see TW, because hearing and talking about it on the forum, it feels more like an idea than the living, breathing game it is.

I have to say, devs... I have an extremely unpleasant feeling that you won't give us a gameplay video until a few weeks before TW release :confused:

SpaceCroissant

I have to say, devs... I have an extremely unpleasant feeling that you won't give us a gameplay video until a few weeks before TW release :confused:

Let's not be irrational now! We know full well the importance of getting a trailer out there, but perhaps you can see, by reading criticisms in this thread of the Festung Europa trailer, why we won't do that until we're reasonably happy with what we're showing. Releasing a trailer is something we're all very keen to do :)

drummer93

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] I'm very sorry, I misread what you wrote. See this images when they where developing the game in Cryengine 3. Full feldgrau uniforms
Spoiler:

Aniallator

Let's not be irrational now! We know full well the importance of getting a trailer out there, but perhaps you can see, by reading criticisms in this thread of the Festung Europa trailer, why we won't do that until we're reasonably happy with what we're showing. Releasing a trailer is something we're all very keen to do :)

You're right, of course... sorry, I'm being a bit dramatic ;) You know, if you guys wanted to temporarily quench our thirst, you could release a teaser rather than a full trailer, showing in brief flashes all the good things about TW! Just sayin'...

Haha [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] it's fine, and good to see they had feldgrau! It's pre-alpha, so they'll add it eventually.

FlyingR

Let's not be irrational now! We know full well the importance of getting a trailer out there, but perhaps you can see, by reading criticisms in this thread of the Festung Europa trailer, why we won't do that until we're reasonably happy with what we're showing.

Honestly, with the trailer of Pegasus, you guys will do a great trailer. As @Aniallator said, just make sure to include all the goodies! For real, even a 30 video teaser of you guys being in a section and playing and showing actual teamwork. Let's say flanking an MG42 nest, clearing a bunker or entering a house even if there's nothing inside. Show the camaraderie, like all piled up against a wall with mumble on, and the squad leader giving orders. I'm sure you guys can come up with a better idea. Basically show teamwork, the weapons and some of the features. A lot of FH2 trailers are pretty good.

Releasing a trailer is something we're all very keen to do :)

You just want to be in a Youtube video! :D

Simon

Good news, I didnt need to do oral exam in math. I'm done with school (until September) :yay:

FlyingR

Patience, my young Padawan. Remember, early enough the devs must be, in order to watch the opening game of the Euros.

All you gotta know is that for the first stage, France will beat Romania, England will tie with Russia and Belgium will lose against Italy. ;)

...and Belgium will lose against Italy. ;)

Not if my good friend Beelzebub has something to say about that...(6)

Seriously, though... We stand a chance, as much as anyone does. Depends a bit on what Wilmots can do with our shambling defence line, and if he puts Carrasco on the field.

FlyingR

Seriously, though... We stand a chance, as much as anyone does. Depends a bit on what Wilmots can do with our shambling defence line, and if he puts Carrasco on the field.

I don't know if Carrasco can play the same as in Atletico... Can Belgium defend without Kompany? :D

Simon

ETS2 now has mirror flags (I actually said to a friend that they need that ingame few months back) and now my dream came true.

Till 15th of June you can get it for free via World of Trucks or pay 0.99€

[video=youtube;VuoXh_r8KzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuoXh_r8KzA[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.