• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

The houses' interior look very very real!

They could've done a much better trailer... especially with the music.

7/10, mostly due of how beautiful and realistic the environment including houses look.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Damn FE is shaping up nicely. And I thought it was dead... Well, TW devs, you know what to do now! ;)

Aniallator

Did you see the Festung Europa pre-alpha gameplay?

Thanks for posting that! My impressions...

1. I think buildings look too clean and uniform. Interiors have some great detail, but they're pretty bland.
2. Animations look alright (can't tell if they're proper realistic slow animations... the grenade throws looked really fast though), however they have those twitchy third-person animations like you see in RO2 that are really annoying.
3. British and German troops look pretty good except that they're all identical, and the Germans are all in camouflage; no feldgrau. Not sure how realistic the uniforms are, and no attached foliage for the Germans :(
4. Weapons look great, though sounds are pretty bad and muzzle flash needs some major tweaking.
5. They have blur effects :)
6. They use the really annoying grenade system where you can't actually hold grenades in your hand, and instead pressing G or whatever immediately pulls them out and throws them :(

All in all, not bad for a pre-alpha! Can't say I'll be buying FE though, there's another WW2 realism game I have my eye on ;)

FlyingR

Thanks for posting that! My impressions...

1. I think buildings look too clean and uniform. Interiors have some great detail, but they're pretty bland.
2. Animations look alright (can't tell if they're proper realistic slow animations... the grenade throws looked really fast though), however they have those twitchy third-person animations like you see in RO2 that are really annoying.
3. British and German troops look pretty good except that they're all identical, and the Germans are all in camouflage; no feldgrau. Not sure how realistic the uniforms are, and no attached foliage for the Germans :(
4. Weapons look great, though sounds are pretty bad and muzzle flash needs some major tweaking.
5. They have blur effects :)
6. They use the really annoying grenade system where you can't actually hold grenades in your hand, and instead pressing G or whatever immediately pulls them out and throws them :(

1. Bland? I think it's the best thing of all the trailer. The detail, it seriously looks very real.
Other than that I agree with you, the animations don't look smooth at all, and the grenade throwing is awful. Hope they get their things together for alpha and beta!

All in all, not bad for a pre-alpha! Can't say I'll be buying FE though, there's another WW2 realism game I have my eye on ;)

Battalion 1944 right? :p

Damn it [MENTION=2685]Killen[/MENTION], you stole my joke! :laugh:

Aniallator

1. Bland? I think it's the best thing of all the trailer. The detail, it seriously looks very real.
Other than that I agree with you, the animations don't look smooth at all, and the grenade throwing is awful. Hope they get their things together for alpha and beta!

Oh, I do as well! The details are great, the wallpaper, the chipped wood, all of it. The interiors are bland in that they're just a lot of empty rooms, there's nothing in them.

FlyingR

Oh, I do as well! The details are great, the wallpaper, the chipped wood, all of it. The interiors are bland in that they're just a lot of empty rooms, there's nothing in them.

Ah yes! Definitely! They all look unique as in there's a different detail for each step or each door frame and such but as you mention it is quite empty, they must make an IKEA run for sure.

Aniallator

Ah yes! Definitely! They all look unique as in there's a different detail for each step or each door frame and such but as you mention it is quite empty, they must make an IKEA run for sure.

Hahaha xD

I also think the foliage/trees/vegetation look pretty sh*t compared to TW :p In all honesty TW has the best vegetation I've seen in an FPS!

drummer93

I'm not an expert, @VonMudra is a more appropriated person to respond this, but they are the Waffen SS "44 Dot" uniforms

bbc095d28b4bbeeffda62cc218919619.jpg

There were different color patterns, as you can see

EDIT (More pictures)

Trousers

Complete set

Last edited:

Mars

Pathfinder Games
The Festung Europa trailer was great to see, I'm pleased for them and it's nice to have some competition :p I think people are being overly critical, they are making it in their spare time like ourselves, you can't expect AAA quality overnight and I can imagine they're more focused on the high-level development than the detail (which this trailer shows).

I like the audio SFX (it's familiar...) and I love the particle effect when a player is hit where the dust and blood evaporates in the air. I think they could benefit from someone focusing on level art and lighting, but they'll be more than aware of the improvements they need to make. Regarding animations... well that is one of the more challenging aspects with modern game engines.

Simon

[MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION] I didn't get math because I forgot 1 formula and teacher said I can try tomorrow (it was oral exam)

TW team time to counter attack FE :p

Also [MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION] something weird is going on with these forums, when I try to reply it sometimes redirects me to another window (like one for posting new topic) and then it can double post.

FlyingR

The Festung Europa trailer was great to see, I'm pleased for them and it's nice to have some competition :p I think people are being overly critical, they are making it in their spare time like ourselves, you can't expect AAA quality overnight and I can imagine they're more focused on the high-level development than the detail (which this trailer shows).

I like the audio SFX (it's familiar...) and I love the particle effect when a player is hit where the dust and blood evaporates in the air. I think they could benefit from someone focusing on level art and lighting, but they'll be more than aware of the improvements they need to make. Regarding animations... well that is one of the more challenging aspects with modern game engines.

The thing is that since people will have to buy FE, the expectations have to be sort of high, and when having multiple games that are already and coming out(PR:WWII for example) you truly have to make yourself stand out. As for you guys, you are already setting the bar waaaaay to high for the other competitors by making it free, realistic and high quality (especially the free factor).

FE and other games that are coming out will have to put huge effort into reaching out as many players as possible whereas TW won't have to worry as much because somehow (I really don't know how, for real...) it already has a relatively big community without the game even reaching its release date anytime soon and because the current members (myself included) will do the advertisement for it.

So yeah, they have to make it better :p

@Aniallator, I love his opening sentences hahaha! He is hilarious! :D

@Simon, **** yeah, math is the worst, good luck!

@General Naga, yeah what Simon said, although I was going to post it on the website feedback. Basically, when you want to post, it doesn't let you and an error message pops up, giving us the option to Leave The Page or Cancel. If you cancel and try to post, you will double-post, so you have to "Leave the page" and close it despite the post being already submitted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.