• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

litchu

Maths is fun!

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
@litchu dammit! I wanted to surpass you with my 1 000 000 particle code in C++ from two years ago. But looking at it now it isn't that impressive ): Lame...

I can remember it was much harder for me back then haha

FlyingR

That's so ****ed up. I just saw We Were Soldiers once again and saw also Lone Survivor and American Sniper. ****ing hell, every time I see these movies again I can't help but really think what the soldiers, Syrians, Americans, rebels or whoever think when they make the decision of killing someone and/or watching people die.

Aniallator

I can't help but compare the Syrian Civil War to the Spanish Civil War, in that Russia is now deploying it's Condor Legion. Let's just hope it doesn't escalate any further.

On a lighter note, can someone give this guy an award?

Esu21

I can't help but really think what the soldiers, Syrians, Americans, rebels or whoever think when they make the decision of killing someone and/or watching people die.

I dont think any human likes killing his own people. If they do is for ideology or because they're ordered to. It's a shame that we cant fix problems talking when in theory we're in a civilized world.

Aniallator

*cough* millions of people throughout history *cough*

It's unfortunate, but it's true. A shame those people didn't die sooner. Hitler was actually caught in a gass attack in WW1, but survived. Believe it or not, at one point he was living in Vienna, homeless. Yup. Hitler used to be a hobo.

FlyingR

I dont think any human likes killing his own people. If they do is for ideology or because they're ordered to. It's a shame that we cant fix problems talking when in theory we're in a civilized world.

There's a lot of people who enjoy or that they don't care about other peoples' lives. As well, the majority of people who choose to fight/kill have the option to do so or not.

Aniallator

Well, this genuinely freaked me out.

[video=youtube;ZJfUB_GRzEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfUB_GRzEk[/video]

Esu21

Hitler was actually caught in a gass attack in WW1, but survived. Believe it or not, at one point he was living in Vienna, homeless. Yup. Hitler used to be a hobo.

I read that Hitler always told a story about how one day during ww1 he was crossing a open field when he saw that a French (maybe English) soldier was pointing his rifle at him. Instead of shooting,he let Hitler walk away. Dammit.

Someone who enjoys watching his own people suffer shouldn't be considered a human, but I bet Stalin ordered the killing of millions like we would in a online game. Just clicking a buttom or,in his case, saying 1 word. Of course Im talking about Stalin because he's the one that comes to my mind,but as Ani said there were millions throughout history.

Changing theme... that video is creepy @Aniallator :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.